PDA

View Full Version : detail prices??

naylorlanche
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
:confused: just wondering what kind of price other professional detailers are getting for full recons on cars and trucks. i just got done doing a chevy 2500 hd ext. cab black that looked like a dirt road inside!!I decided to charge $150 for a full recon with buffing included, am i way off base because this dealer thought its too much!!I would like some feedback from my fellow detailers .oh yeh I'm from northeastern pennsylvania area.

GearHead_1
03-13-2006, 08:55 PM
A dealers perception of fair price and John Q. Customer perception are two entirely different animals. You're probably a bit low for the full deal to the average customer and probably on the high side for the volume dealership. Dealers don't want to pay you anything and the funny thing is that they get people to do it for the prices they demand. I've seen dealers get the works for $50. There are better customers to service if you can steer your business away from dealers you'll be $$$ ahead in the long run. You have to figure out what you're worth an hour and how long the average job takes you. If the dealer thinks that this price range is wrong, you've got the wrong customer. You have to make a living also.

klnyc
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't settle anything less than 175.00. Man, SUV/T are bruttle to begin with :( I had done few SUV/T, I never like it. Its all work, I dont get any kick out of fun :mad: Good luck.

naylorlanche
03-14-2006, 04:28 PM
hey thanks for the advice! as of today i wont be doing anymore work for this dealer. He told me he could have had the whole truck wet sanded and more meticulously detailed than the job i did for $80 bucks!!! wow this guy is out there..he was mad there was dust inside the fuse cover, oopps i missed that.I dont think you could ever please this jerk..thanks again for the feedback.

Larry A
03-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Where I work they charge on a car $150.00 for a detail that includes buffing, wax, shampo interior, and clean engine. Leather conditioning, claying, and tar removel are extra, special problems are extra.

flatstick
03-15-2006, 01:20 PM
hey thanks for the advice! as of today i wont be doing anymore work for this dealer. He told me he could have had the whole truck wet sanded and more meticulously detailed than the job i did for $80 bucks!!! wow this guy is out there..he was mad there was dust inside the fuse cover, oopps i missed that.I dont think you could ever please this jerk..thanks again for the feedback.

As a rule ( not always though) dealers are looking for the cheapest price. I am from NEPA as well. PM me as I would like to see where you are at. have not found anybody from the area on this forum as of yet. small world eh? maybe we can exchange ideas ? let me know

naylorlanche
03-16-2006, 03:50 PM
hello flatstick,i am from the scranton area where the weather is still too cold. how about yourself? how is business?

Outhouse
03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
I just had a 2000 Yukon detailed before I traded it in. Full detail bumper to bumper, top to bottom, inside and out: $140+tax. I am in Memphis, TN

flatstick
03-16-2006, 10:33 PM
hello flatstick,i am from the scranton area where the weather is still too cold. how about yourself? how is business?

Wow Scranton, I am in the Pittsston area, about 10 or 15 minutes from Scranton. small world indeed. great to have a fellow Pa detailer on board. I have been sneaking in some details when the weather has been descent. I have a bunch lined up and will get to them as the weather permits.do you use a rotary or pc ? good talking to you and if you want to talk products let me know.

OCDetails
03-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I charge $40 an hour. Most vehicles are averaging $120 - $150 these days. It just depends on how much they want done. I feel that I am very efficient and my prices are in line with what customers are willing to pay in my area. It is also similar to what most detail shops in the area are charging, only I have less overhead and ultimately make more money on the job. ;)