PDA

View Full Version : Advice regarding Torq polishers - Keep or Sell

JMak97008
12-08-2017, 01:12 AM
I got an incredible deal (price mistake) at Amazon for two Torq polishers - the Torq 10FX and the Torq ToqX.

I currently have a GG 6 with 6" and 5" plates and have been thinking about buying a 3" backing plate for it to use smaller pads. Now that I have these 2 additional polishers, I'm thinking about keeping one of them to use a dedicated 3" tool.

So, I'm wondering, because I don't know squat about the quality, durability, etc., of these Torq units, whether I should keep a specific one for my purpose or just sell them both?

Appreciate any advice...TIA!

VISITOR
12-08-2017, 01:18 AM
sell the cg's torq polishers (not a fan of that digital speed interface) and get either the G15/21 and keep the GG6 and buy the 3" HD backing plate...

JMak97008
12-08-2017, 01:35 AM
Ok....I love my GG6 and won't be buying another product. The price mistake at Amazon I got the 2 Torqs, each a kit with pads and chemicals, for under $15...total.

Eldorado2k
12-08-2017, 01:57 AM
You scored.

JMak97008
12-08-2017, 01:59 AM
You scored.

Word. Now I am wondering which to sell, if not both, and should I wait until end of winter to sell them?

Eldorado2k
12-08-2017, 02:08 AM
Word. Now I am wondering which to sell, if not both, and should I wait until end of winter to sell them?

If I were you I’d sell both before opening the boxes so they’re brand new in box. Then just buy a 3” backing plate and you’re set.

Why does it matter if you sell them before or after winter?

JMak97008
12-08-2017, 02:15 AM
If I were you I’d sell both before opening the boxes so they’re brand new in box. Then just buy a 3” backing plate and you’re set.

Why does it matter if you sell them before or after winter?

Thought maybe demand would be higher closer to Spring up here in Portland where it rains from October through March, lols...

And I opened the boxes to verify contents, so they're being sold as new then...

Eldorado2k
12-08-2017, 02:17 AM
Thought maybe demand would be higher closer to Spring up here in Portland where it rains from October through March, lols...

And I opened the boxes to verify contents, so they're being sold as new then...

Just put them up for sale and don’t budge on your price. It doesn’t hurt + you’re in no rush to sell. Good luck. [emoji1417]

BudgetPlan1
12-08-2017, 05:03 AM
That sure was one expensive screw up on Chem Guys/Amazon's part...while a bunch of orders ended up being cancelled, many made it through before the glitch was fixed. Oops.

DBAILEY
12-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Wow! $15. Since the GG6 sounds like it is more than enough for your needs, sell them and get another GG6. One for your 5 & 6" pad work and the other for your 3 & 4" pad work. Use the extra money to buy more pads or get a GG3 and the new 2" backing plate and some 2" pads. You'll have all your bases covered as far as pad size.

Cruzscarwash
12-08-2017, 12:32 PM
considering that hundreds if not thousands of people scored on the deal and cleared out the inventory they are going to start popping up everywhere so id sale now while people are already posting demand. also this is going to mean that now everyone with one of these things is a "pro detailer" so that that do this for income get ready for lots of new kids on the block.

JMak97008
12-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Wow! $15. Since the GG6 sounds like it is more than enough for your needs, sell them and get another GG6. One for your 5 & 6" pad work and the other for your 3 & 4" pad work. Use the extra money to buy more pads or get a GG3 and the new 2" backing plate and some 2" pads. You'll have all your bases covered as far as pad size.

Great idea. Each Torq came in a kit, so I got an 9-10 pads between the two. So, I never thought about buying the GG3. Sell both and then get the GG3 with 2 pads for each stage of the process. Legit...