PDA

View Full Version : Longest windshield water repellent

Pages : [1] 2

01AUDI
12-06-2017, 08:09 PM
I can't stand RainX. Every time I use it I get a foggy windshield or it lasts for a week or the first rain, whatever is first. I've tried liquid, washer fluid additive and their fancy wiper blades. DONE !
Is there anything else out there. I've seen Stoners that has an additive in their cleaner, but that's all I've come across and need a solution. Somewhere I read you can polish or wax the windshield by hand ?

Bruno Soares
12-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Aquapel

brettS4
12-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Stoners works about as well as RainX. It goes on much easier, tho. By the way, it's awesome for cleaning iPads and smartphones!

You might also consider Collinite 845. I used it last winter on my windshield and it worked better than any other product I've tried.

OMGClayAiken
12-06-2017, 10:27 PM
I can't stand RainX. Every time I use it I get a foggy windshield or it lasts for a week or the first rain, whatever is first. I've tried liquid, washer fluid additive and their fancy wiper blades. DONE !
Is there anything else out there. I've seen Stoners that has an additive in their cleaner, but that's all I've come across and need a solution. Somewhere I read you can polish or wax the windshield by hand ?I agree that rain-x is lame. Try Aquapel. I get around 6 months performance and that's all I need. I apply once each fall and again in the spring and I'm good to go. Works great and lasts forever. No wipers needed at highway speeds and keeps vision clear. Great product.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The Guz
12-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Go the coating route. Optimum Opti-Glass and maintain with opti glass clean & protect.

Great combo.

I’m testing out CarPro FlybyForte at the moment and maintaining with ech20 is also working out very well.

pickles
12-06-2017, 11:32 PM
My 2 favorite windshield products are Reload and CG Blitz.

jmeyers278
12-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Honestly griot's glass sealant is pretty good. Easy to use and I get 2 or 3 months out of it and it's really easy to use.

BJackson8
12-07-2017, 08:57 AM
I use Duragloss 501 on windows.

It will remove traffic film buildup like nothing else, and the rain dances off the window for months.

DBAILEY
12-07-2017, 09:13 AM
The Pinnacle Black Label Windshield coating has lasted a very long time for me on my own car. I believe the 2 year durability claims. However, this coating is very susceptible to water spotting.

01AUDI
12-07-2017, 09:35 AM
thanks, i never knew so many products were out there. I think I am going to give Aquapel a try. I read a lot of great things about it, although its more than a tradition spray like rain-x it seems to have the best reviews for the price.

PA DETAILER
12-07-2017, 10:27 AM
https://www.autogeek.net/auto-glass-coating.html

I have applied this in the spring. Went thru a brutal PA winter, and asked for more.

pcford
12-07-2017, 10:34 AM
I've been happy with Griot's, I go about about 4 months between applications, it'll still be hanging on at 6 months. I've found that when possible using spray detailer instead of glass cleaner will add a lot of life to the coating.

The important thing is to get all the RainX off and out of the system. Cleaning with a rag soaked in vinegar, then Invisible Glass (or isopropyl alcohol), and then Clay bar. Newspaper work well and won't leave lint behind. If you don't pull your wiper reservoir and clean it out you're still going to get RainX haze, learned that one the hard way. Nowadays I put sealant on the glass and keep washer fluid in the reservoir.

Hammer77
12-07-2017, 10:44 AM
I second DBAILEY with PBL Glass. The longest I had it on for was a year, even after a year it was doing ok, but weak. I have put in on a few family/friends cars, never had any negative feedback. I also have Aquapel on my father in laws truck for the past 3-4 months, it also seems to be holding its own. However in my experience with both products Aquapel was a tad more difficult to work with. Can't go wrong with either!

KirkH
12-07-2017, 03:23 PM
I like to use paint sealants on glass. I find that Chemical Guys Jet Seal or M-Sealer make rain skitter off for a long time.

01AUDI
12-07-2017, 03:24 PM
I like to use paint sealants on glass. I find that Chemical Guys Jet Seal or M-Sealer make rain skitter off for a long time.

How do you apply it ? Can you do it by hand ?