PDA

View Full Version : For those that have coatings

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cruzscarwash
12-03-2017, 05:31 PM
How many of you that have coatings never use a topper of any means, not even in your wash media? I'd like to know who has a coating and never boosts it in any way at all.

I'd also like to know if you do have a coating and you do boost it what do you boost it with? Do you stay in the family or use other brands boosters or soaps?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
12-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Not a true coating, but I use Hydro blue maintained with the Trademark Extender spray wax. I have used many combos over the years, and this one is amazing!! Wash wise, I just use Megs hyperwash.

LSNAutoDetailing
12-03-2017, 05:43 PM
I have coatings on all my cars, and I wash and occasionally use re-load. I wash with hyperwash, blow dry and call it a day.
That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Cruzscarwash
12-03-2017, 05:44 PM
I have coatings on all my cars, and I wash and occasionally use re-load. I wash with hyperwash, blow dry and call it a day.
That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnlineHow often would you say you use reload and what coating do you have on?

FrankS
12-03-2017, 05:49 PM
I apply toppers to my personal coated vehicles just to test out different products.

I don't like to apply toppers to client's cars that are coated since the topper will have different characteristics than the coating and I want to see how the coating is behaving or lasting.

For client's cars that are coated, I like to wash with Carpro Reset or Megs Hyperwash. If I do a rinseless, it will be McKee's N-914 since it doesn't leave anything behind.

Trip
12-03-2017, 05:53 PM
I have been using Polish Angel Viking and washing either with Chemical Guys Honey Dew, or Polish Angel Glisinate. And during the cold weather or dust just been using Car pro Echo 2 ww. Car has never seen a car wash. I have gotten about a solid 13-14 months with great beading. Spring time defiantly will be recoating with the same.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

BudgetPlan1
12-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Used a few different coatings last winter on some fleet vehicles at work. I topped them with the associated toppers immediately after application but after that they never recd any subsequent attention, not even a wash.

Personal cars get topped with Booster from same product collection via drying aid after wash.

ChrisT
12-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Only true coatings or are sealants included?

Cruzscarwash
12-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Only true coatings or are sealants included?I'm looking for coatings idk where sealants come in..lol

ChrisT
12-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Well...just in case...

My personal car is treated with WG DGPS and motorcycle with Opti-Seal.

Both are regularly topped with a QD made of ECH2o & Reload mixture.

FUNX650
12-03-2017, 06:36 PM
I do not top Coatings.
{To do so is actionable, IMO.}

:)

Bob

DaveT435
12-03-2017, 06:39 PM
I usually don't top them. I have tried a couple Si02 washes and a couple QD's with Si02. When I coat mine the next time I won't be using anything on top of it. I don't want anything to interfere with the hydrophobic and self cleaning properties of the coating.

dcjredline
12-03-2017, 08:24 PM
I coated my Saturn with CQUK in August and havent topped it. Also I just washed it after neglecting it for over a month and it washed up easy and dried just the same with a leaf blower. Still going well.

jmeyers278
12-03-2017, 09:49 PM
I have a professional ceramic coating installed on both mine and the wife's daily drivers. I wash with reset and top with ech2o, reload, I essence plus polished some high spots, I have put wdgps on one of them....I really mess with both all of the time. They both bead and shed water well still. I will say ech2o seems to sheet better than reload but not by a lot. I also quick detail with a combo of ech2o and reload. I ceramic coated them to help with wash and qd induced swirls. Seems to be working so far

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Guz
12-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Here is my feedback.

When I had PBL V2 on my mom's car, the coating itself was doing so well that it did not need a topper. I purchased the coating booster and used it every few months just to use it. Other than that it was a simple wash and dry with the turbo car dryer. I did use ech2o the year it came out as a drying aid (QD mix). I never used a wax or sealant on PBL V2 coating.

With Ameriarmour on my Camaro, I used things such as quick detailers, spray waxes (that were sent for review), Cure, Reload and Ech20 most recently just to test out between the two toppers. Ameriarmour itself was an acrylic based coating and it lost it's pizazz and I was just looking to limp along until I re-polish and re-coat.

On my grand prix, I recently used Sonax CC36 ceramic coating and there is one area that is not being topped with anything. Other than using N914 as a drying aid. I am using Brilliant Shine Detailer every 2-3 months on the other areas to see how that affects the coatings performance. Sticking with the same family in products. I may try one area with polymer net shield at the 6 month mark per Sonax stating that it shares similar chemistry with the coating to act as a booster.

On my dad's car that currently has gloss coat, I ended up topping it with cure. I use ech20 weekly as a drying aid. The reason being that gloss coat was having performance issues. The car will be re-coated in the next few weeks.

On my mom's car I used Gyeon Q2 primer polish and Gyeon CanCoat. I recently topped that with cure a few weeks ago and use ech20 as a drying aid on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

My brothers car also had Ameriarmour and that lost a lot of it's punch after the first year. Again underwhelmed with the paint coating in the long term. It too was topped with Cure until it was re-polished prior to selling it.

All cars are washed with CarPro Reset, Megs Hyper Wash, D114 or N914. I did use ONR with gloss coat for awhile but ended up going back to N914 and D114.

If i do top a coating I will use the recommended maintenance product from the same manufacturer. I do not use waxes or sealants on any coating.