PDA

View Full Version : What is the material in my car

01AUDI
12-02-2017, 09:32 AM
I have 2005 Nissan pathfinder, inside there is a mixture of vinyl dash and a felt-like material. Can anyone help me understand what it is and how to clean it ? I have searched around but cant find anything on it. I want to know only because i don't know what to us on it to clean it. If anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Bill1234
12-02-2017, 12:51 PM
I have 2005 Nissan pathfinder, inside there is a mixture of vinyl dash and a felt-like material. Can anyone help me understand what it is and how to clean it ? I have searched around but cant find anything on it. I want to know only because i don't know what to us on it to clean it. If anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Possibly folex carpet cleaner on the felt like material. Might be alcantara which is like a suede material but it is usually in higher end lines like infiniti I think

Rsurfer
12-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Owners manual?

01AUDI
12-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Bill - you are right it could be a suede type material. I suppose carpet cleaner might be the answer because i didn't think a rubber/vinyl cleaner would actually help and didn't want to leave it greasy or break it down. I can see how the black material has taken in dirt so if nobody else knows anything about it, i think that i may try a little clear on a horse brush and see what it does.

Rsurfer - I look through the whole thing and saw nothing, it was a good idea i wouldn't have thought of.

01AUDI
12-02-2017, 04:03 PM
I don't know why I cant upload pictures anymore but i here is a link to exactly what it is.. if you click on the different pictures it will show a close-up.
Hope that helps..

http://www.icarpart.com/2005-nissan-pathfinder-dash-right-passenger-air-bag.html

I found this stuff on amazon right now for $8, it says it cleans rubber, vinyl, leather, upholstery, etc.. you think it will be ok ? Kind of hard to pass up $8. It has good reviews and cheap. My dash isn't too dirty, just dusty, and i like the UV protection since it is black interior.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/InnerClean_16_oz_p/spi_663_16.htm

Firehouse Mike
12-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Possibly folex carpet cleaner on the felt like material. Might be Alcantara which is like a suede material but it is usually on higher-end lines like infinity I think

Folex is safe for pretty much anything found in interiors, as fas as being alcantera...in a 2005 Pathfinder, I HIGHLY doubt it.

01AUDI
12-04-2017, 11:36 AM
So would it be safe to say I can use this on it to help clean and protect ? Or is there a better recommendation that i can use on that material and my other rubber / plastic pieces ?

https://www.chemicalguys.com/InnerClean_16_oz_p/spi_663_16.htm