PDA

View Full Version : Klasse over ceramic or glass coating

Mgavin1985
11-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Hello I’m new can someone answer with experience I have a glass coating on I wanted to test Klasse sealant over the top what would acrylic sealant do to resin glass type coating or even ceramic. Experts chime in I want to test half a good

The Guz
11-30-2017, 09:50 PM
Nothing other than change the hydrophobic properties to that of klasse.

Mgavin1985
12-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Thanks for answer. Have you ever used permanon as topper or tacsystem moonlight. They both are very interesting to me and seem like a more long term and more durable than the standard reload, c2v3 and cure toppers. Has anyone used these

MattPersman
12-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Permanon was old news. Didn’t last terribly long. Similar to hydro2 or wet coat. Ease of use is the key to those

Moonlight has a little bit on it out there. Mostly info on autopia the sister site.

Would run your coating bare or Gyeon can coat over it if you must top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
12-01-2017, 07:14 AM
I have used Moonlight as a topper on my cars ceramic paint coating and it's great! It's easy to use, thin is really in here and follow the directions about buff time. The finish it leaves behind is very glossy and beads like crazy. One thing about Moonlight is this, sprayer clogs so you might wanna have a spare sprayer handy, even if it doesn't quite screw down on the bottle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HUMP DIESEL
12-01-2017, 07:39 AM
I have topped CQuartz UK with Klasse and it gives it a really slick feel. For a little cheaper alternative, you can top it the Sonus Acrylic Spritz, which was based off the mixing of the Klasse with water. That can be used as a final wipe down after washing and it will also leave a really slick feeling surface.

HUMP

Mgavin1985
12-01-2017, 09:57 AM
thanks for replying I prob going to do a test section I’m i trested In the out com I might try duragloss 111 because they seem to evaporate some thing I have laying around

Klasse Act
12-01-2017, 10:04 AM
DG #111 is a great product, pure sealant and easy to use. Apply a thin layer to the entire car and then remove...easy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mgavin1985
12-01-2017, 11:59 AM
111 is my favorite and I like it much more than 105. The way I’m thinking about ceramic and glass coating is that reload, cure and c2v3 are basically sealant we are using to put on top of coat they may contain Silica but they are related more to a Sealant than to a coating so why not try a a full strength sealant even if it replaced the surface look and tension that ok I want to avoid water spots on my coating. The only trade of is it may not stay as clean compared to the coating left alone by itself.

Mgavin1985
12-01-2017, 12:03 PM
That why I thought Klasse it stays cleanest for me Sealant wise but does more of a sheeting effect and won’t bead as well as other sealant. Plus I’m getting antsy no touching the surface and only doing washings

BudgetPlan1
12-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Curious as to what kinda glass coating you have on the car?

I wouldn't top a coating with anything but a complimentary SiO2-type product, many to choose from. When I first started with coatings I topped 'em with everything I could think of...waxes, sealants, wax/polymer-infused quick detailers...they all diminished the self-cleaning abilities of the glass coating itself. Then I got into layering coating-friendly SiO2 products; wash with Gyeon Bathe+, rinse with Gyeon Wetcoat, top with Gyeon Cure. It turns out that sometimes less is indeed more, there was no benefit to all that layering except to increase the revenue of whatever vendor I bought it from.

Regarding the Moonlight, used it on top of WG Uber Ceramic as well as a stand-alone application and while it sure did improve gloss and feel and initially water ran off the car at slow speeds in a most delightful fashion, after a week or so it was prone to leaving dirty/dusty water spots after a rain. Everybody's experience is different, however, so give it a shot...it's an SiO2 product so at least it's complimentary to your coating, may work well for you depending on your climate, maint. habits and car usage patterns.

Since messing around with a large variety of things/combos in the past 18 months, I've become a minimalist and the overall automotive cleanliness experience has significantly improved. We have a glass coating on all of our cars and I now simply foam with Gyeon Foam, wash with Gyeon Bathe and top with a 'sacrificial layer'/coating booster from the same collection as the coating on our cars. The cars stay cleaner for longer periods of time with no intervention from me but your mileage may vary. Like they say...find something that works for you and use it often...everybody's situation is different and there are few universal truths regarding this stuff (LSP's).

Don't overthink it or you'll always be chasing unicorns...I did and never got close to catching one.

Mgavin1985
12-01-2017, 08:58 PM
What part of country are you in? I’m in northeast maybe I’ll only do the lower door and rocker panel as a test.. It’s really hard to get the concept of 2 years durability and trust it. Have you had any luck with tire coating? This is a pretty good community I’ve been reading the forum for the last two years and a lot of experience and top notch review and testing very impressed. Also autogeek and autopia get me every time with25% off and free shipping.

BudgetPlan1
12-02-2017, 08:10 AM
What part of country are you in? I’m in northeast maybe I’ll only do the lower door and rocker panel as a test.. It’s really hard to get the concept of 2 years durability and trust it. Have you had any luck with tire coating? This is a pretty good community I’ve been reading the forum for the last two years and a lot of experience and top notch review and testing very impressed. Also autogeek and autopia get me every time with25% off and free shipping.NE Ohio.

Have had good results with Gyeon Rim for wheels and Tuff Shine Tire Clear coat. Biggest time saver in maintenance/washing for me was coating wheels and tires.

Coating durability is an iffy thing, depending on maint., miles driven, climate. First coating I used (Spring 2016) didn't make it thru winter of 2016-2017; different coating applied to a daily driver in October 2016 is still doing great on a car that sits outside 8 months a year.

Glossybimmer
08-29-2019, 05:52 PM
Hello I’m new can someone answer with experience I have a glass coating on I wanted to test Klasse sealant over the top what would acrylic sealant do to resin glass type coating or even ceramic. Experts chime in I want to test half a good

Bumping this up. Did you try it?

Mgavin1985
08-29-2019, 08:28 PM
:bump:Never did but I tried almost everything else when I first got into coatings a few years ago. Now I top with only the SIO2 stuff reload, cv23, cure, mother all the stuff is the same....if I really want to step up the beading top any ceramic with gyeon can coat or cquartz lite. I learned through experience now that putting a wax or sealant over a coating is dropping the performance. After trying all the coating I have settled on cquartz UK it’s a beast and if you buy it on sale it’s cheap. I recoat every spring after light polish.

The only really itch I have to try is Nova Evo coating Sandro from YouTube videos with the beading are really twisting my arm. Or the Sps stuff couple guys on here got there hands on it and update every so often.