PDA

View Full Version : Busy Again Any Suggestions?

former86camaro
01-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I have drastically increased my detailing business. I detail to help offset the rising costs of day care. I know what I would use on my car and take a lot of that over to my customers, but I need a better value for the product.

I guess I am looking at what compares to my favorites but in a bulk quantity that would be most cost effective and almost identical to my favorites.

Poor Boys Soap is my favorite…. What compares?
XMT 360 for an AIO, I am trying poli seal and it has pop, but I am not sold yet that is better than XMT 360.
DP Tire Gel, Love it, but is it cost affective for low end clients?
Clay Magic Clay, Suggestions?
Orange 5.5 Pads that are on close out 5 for 14.99. Seems to work well with the AIO thought. Opinions?
I need a safe, but strong wheel cleaner. Looking at DP Wheel Cleaner
Head Light Restoration kit? Any suggestions?
A good plastic cleaner, I love 1Z plastic cleaner, but what is available in a larger quantity as effective?
303 Aero Space Protectant, what is a good alternative or is it the best for the price?
Carpet Spot Remove, Rug Doctor from Publix seems to work well for me. Anything else?
Leather Cleaner, have yet to find a cleaner for leather I like, Lexol, Turtle Wax, Megs, nothing yet.
I would like to buy in 1 gallon sizes.

blk45
01-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Poor Boys Soap is my favorite…. What compares?

Dg 901 is a great soap and comes in gallon size. DG 902

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate #901 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-car-wash-concentrate.html)

justin_murphy
01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Tire dressing is a detailers major expense.........both from the cost of the product and the time it takes to apply it.

To date, the best dressing for me ist No-Touch Wet'n Protect.

It has a fine spray and dries in seconds. It evenly coats the wells to hiding any inperfections. I always keep several cans of Armor All Tire foam as well for it's cleaning abilities if the tires are really neglected.

I can do 4 full size SUVs (tires and wells) with one 3.00 can of Wet'n Protect. Best thing......no refilling of bottles and no drips onto my clients driveways.

trhland
01-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Dg 901 is a great soap and comes in gallon size. DG 902

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate #901 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-car-wash-concentrate.html)
if it was me going into buss. i would get in contact with distrubuters in my area . carrying pro products. i know of a few you can p/m me for names if interested. the carry stuff in gallon/ 5 gallon/ 55 gallon. much more econamicl. sorry for spelling. and they carry decent stuff.also they carry everything on there truck and they come to you!!! so no shipping costs.

justin_murphy
01-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Good point on the shipping trhland.

When I started out, I spent 20-30.00 a month in shipping. That's crazy.

PM me when you can. I have some suggestions for you.