PDA

View Full Version : tuff shine tire cleaner and rim coating

gregory1420
11-26-2017, 07:38 PM
I just got some new 20" fuel forged rims for my truck. I coated them with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating before any tires were mounted. I am getting new tires this week and then want to clean and coat the tires with tuff shine tire cleaner and then coat them with tuf shine tire coat. my question is will the tuf shine tire cleaner damage or effect the BL diamond coating? of course I will try as much as I can to keep the cleaner off the new rims but want to know if this will hurt the new coating?

The Guz
11-26-2017, 08:23 PM
You will be fine with using the tire cleaner on the tires. I would recommend to wait until all the mold release agent si removed from the tire and clean them weekly for a few weeks and then coat them. If there is still some there then you risk the chance of the tire coating not bonding right.

DaveT435
11-26-2017, 08:37 PM
You will be fine with using the tire cleaner on the tires. I would recommend to wait until all the mold release agent si removed from the tire and clean them weekly for a few weeks and then coat them. If there is still some there then you risk the chance of the tire coating not bonding right.

:iagree:

gregory1420
11-26-2017, 09:43 PM

thanks guz how long do you see this taking a couple of days couple week or months? this truck is a daily driver

The Guz
11-26-2017, 10:15 PM
I waited about 2 months when I had issues with the old detailers pro (now Mckee's 37) tire coating which is similar to tuf shine which I own as well. This was on my car that was daily driven that had new tires at the time. I had bonding issues at first and stripped the tire coating completely off and just cleaned them weekly for about 2 months. Of course it would vary between tire manufacturer. Try it for a couple weeks and see how the tires appear at that time.