PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose GAS POWERED PRESSURE WASHER.... This one OR this one...

josher
11-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Hello good morning to you all... I am starting a mobile detailing business and am trying to decide what pressure washer I should get.... I believe one of these two should be sufficient but I want opinions...

https://www.amazon.com/SIMPSON-Cleaning-PS3228-S-Pressure-Powered/dp/B007QDYQEK?th=1

OPTION A - Simpson PS3228-S 3200 PSI @ 2.8 GPM powered by Honda motor with AAA triplex pump $479.00

OR

OPTION B - Simpson PS3835 3800 PSI @ 3.5 GPM powered by Honda motor with AAA triplex pump $827.99

I believe either one would work... My budget would be somewhere around $1,000 but obviously if I can do just fine with a $500 dollar unit then that's the route i'll go... I just don't know if the extra 600psi + extra .7 GPM is worth paying nearly double? Opinions much appreciated as well as other suggestions....

LAST question... If I want to install this unit on a skid plate I can just remove it with no issues from the frame and wheels am I correct? Thank you all!

briarpatch
11-26-2017, 11:11 AM
option A....3200 psi/2.8 GPM is more than enough power for general cleaning duties....

josher
11-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the reply and opinion! I believe saving $400 sounds good too as I just seconds ago clicked 'place order' buying different compounds and other detailing supplies for $300 Thank you!! I still need to better understand how to hook up a pressure washer to a standing water tank.... and figure out all of the attachments and accessories I will need.... Any help in those regards? I know I just need to keep searching 'pressure washers' and keep reading Thank you!

briarpatch
11-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Thank you for the reply and opinion! I believe saving $400 sounds good too as I just seconds ago clicked 'place order' buying different compounds and other detailing supplies for $300 Thank you!! I still need to better understand how to hook up a pressure washer to a standing water tank.... and figure out all of the attachments and accessories I will need.... Any help in those regards? I know I just need to keep searching 'pressure washers' and keep reading Thank you!

sorry...can't help with the water tank setup...lots of foam cannon threads here to look through