PDA

View Full Version : ok so I might be being a little picky here, but ....

RMarkJr
11-23-2017, 02:32 AM
ok.. so I am finally done with the polishing of my car. I used Menz medium cut 2500 with an orange pad with the Griots Boss 21. The paint looks much much better.

I WAS planning on going over the whole thing with Menz SF3500 just to get it as good as possible because I am going to put a coating on it and expect it to be on there for 3 to 5 years.

I do know that the Menz is a diminishing polish that breaks down. So maybe it broke down a finished out enough.... but if thats the case then WHY do they make a SF3500 polsih??

HOWEVER when using the Menz SF3500 I noticed the it has A LOT of oils in it. Which made it a pain to wipe off. Also it seemed like it was just more oils to worry about taking off before the coating. Which I did use IPA of 25% ... twice on that one panel I applied the coating to today to because I'm a little impatient.

soooo would anyone here do that final polish just to do it and squeeze out and bit of clarity as possible or just skip it.

orrr is there an actual fine polish that doesn't have so much oil in it? I do have Megs M205 and HD polish+ which I might try ... but I dont think either are as fine cut as the Menz SF3500 is.

so any suggestions? I am really trying to decide what to do before I put a 5 year coating on the paint. Kinda trying to stay away from the good enough or if you cant tell a difference. Well I might not be able to tell but overall as a whole in the sun with the coating there may be a difference from not doing that last finer polish step.

Eldorado2k
11-23-2017, 02:35 AM
What 5 yr. coating are you going to use?

RMarkJr
11-23-2017, 02:46 AM
What 5 yr. coating are you going to use?

CSL with EXOv3 .. well its 3 to 5 years .. but I plan on keeping up with it, so I think I can get close to the 5 year mark

Eldorado2k
11-23-2017, 02:49 AM
Cool. Good luck.

RMarkJr
11-23-2017, 02:52 AM
Cool. Good luck.

yep have to see how it goes. I am now thinking of going over it again with the 2500 but with a white pad or something softer than the orange pad I used originally to stay away from heavy oils of the Menz 3500.

Might just skip the second step all together though .. I can't decide what to do.

Eldorado2k
11-23-2017, 02:53 AM
yep have to see how it goes. I am now thinking of going over it again with the 2500 but with a white pad or something softer than the orange pad I used originally to stay away from heavy oils of the Menz 3500.

Might just skip the second step all together though .. I can't decide what to do.

I have no experience with Menzerna polishes, so I don't know what to tell ya..

The Guz
11-23-2017, 02:58 AM
Use HD Polish. It has the least amount of polishing oils. It will finish down just fine.

I agree that Menzerna does have a lot of oils in it and thus I don’t use it if applying a coating.

You will probably not notice much difference anyway between HD Polish and Menz.

Keep it simple and enjoy the coating.

RMarkJr
11-23-2017, 03:02 AM
Use HD Polish. It has the least amount of polishing oils. It will finish down just fine.

I agree that Menzerna does have a lot of oils in it and thus I don’t use it if applying a coating.

You will probably not notice much difference anyway between HD Polish and Menz.

Keep it simple and enjoy the coating.

ok I'll try that one next .. I appreciate it.

RMarkJr
11-23-2017, 03:03 AM
I have no experience with Menzerna polishes, so I don't know what to tell ya..

lol I dont have much either! Guess I'll figure it out!