PDA

View Full Version : WeatherTech floor mats

Mariana
11-19-2017, 10:58 AM
Is am trying to decide weather or not to coat some WeatherTech floor mats, I’m not to sure if, because of all the stepping and rubbing, the coating is going to last. Have any of you done this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

PA DETAILER
11-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Don't know of anyone that has used a true coating on them. But they make a protector for them. BTW I love mine. Best floor liner out there.
https://www.autogeek.net/weathertech-floorliner-protector.html

First post. Welcome to AG.

I really don't see a coating working. Its a high wear/traffic area. I clean mine with a good degreaser and dry them. 5 years, they still look great.

RippyD
11-19-2017, 11:37 AM
I don't see how it would be worthwhile. My mats have boots on them all winter, along with mud and snow. I clean mine and then apply Duragloss Tire and Mat Dressing. I'm sure any other rubber restorer would work as well. I wipe them down with an MF so they aren't too shiny and they look great.

Only issue I have is that the drivers side mat on my Rover is almost worn out. Need to get a replacement set.

hoyt66
11-19-2017, 12:46 PM
I have a set...my 4th set on different vehicles. Love them. I sealed mine with Blackfire tire and trim sealer (because I had that on hand). Use something be it a coating or sealer. My thought is that while it will not hold up to contact and abrasion to your shoes it will seal up the "texture" of the mat where salt and mud will dry. It can be cleaned but a sealed mat will clean up easier and look better imo.

Klasse Act
11-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Is am trying to decide weather or not to coat some WeatherTech floor mats, I’m not to sure if, because of all the stepping and rubbing, the coating is going to last. Have any of you done this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

WeatherTech makes a protectant that's specifically made for their mats, along with a cleaner that actually cleans them and makes them black again. The protectant, once it dries, is NOT slippery and makes them look great again and will surely make clean up easier, buy the combo and you will NOT regret it!

FUNX650
11-19-2017, 01:37 PM
IMO:
A floor-mat “Coating” must guarantee
to impart an anti-slip film layer to the
mats’ surfaces—I dont ever like taking
the risk of: losing-my-footing!

That’s why I only use WeatherTech’s:
TechCare FloorLiner and FloorMat
Protector...(a “Coating” product)...
on my vehicles’ WeatherTech mats.

Bob

vobro
11-19-2017, 01:47 PM
I love mine as they do the job which they were designed for, to protect the carpet. They clean easily, protect and wear well but at the end of the day they are a sacrificial item. Ijustclean mine every wash with the leftover rinseless solution and they look good

Klasse Act
11-19-2017, 01:55 PM
I love mine as they do the job which they were designed for, to protect the carpet. They clean easily, protect and wear well but at the end of the day they are a sacrificial item. Ijustclean mine every wash with the leftover rinseless solution and they look good

Next time your down near Bolingbrook stop by and pick up some of the protectant, its really a great product and makes that sacrificial item look great, trust me!

BadgerRivFan
11-19-2017, 02:11 PM
WeatherTech makes a protectant that's specifically made for their mats, along with a cleaner that actually cleans them and makes them black again. The protectant, once it dries, is NOT slippery and makes them look great again and will surely make clean up easier, buy the combo and you will NOT regret it!

^^^ This ^^^