PDA

View Full Version : Buying and shipping liquid product in winter

luvmyrv
11-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Looking at buying some product( mostly of the liquid type, polishes, waxes, etc). With it being winter and freezing temps in these northern parts, is there an issue with having product shipped in winter that could be subject to freezing while in the shipper's hands before it arrives at my door. Product will be on a truck at some point and subject to freezing. Thoughts anyone?

KirkH
11-18-2017, 01:19 PM
I had a box from Chem Guys freeze last year. They said everything would be fine, and I used the products without incident. Seems like they said there was one product that would not be good to freeze, but I can't remember what they said it was. I didn't have any of that product.

Eldorado2k
11-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Seems like they said there was one product that would not be good to freeze, but I can't remember what they said it was.

Reading this just now made me think of what it was that I just recently read on a label that clearly stated "Do not freeze"...

I looked at a couple of bottles on my shelf and it turned out to be the Mothers B2B Tire Renew. Then I checked my bottle of Mothers All Chrome and also their trim cleaner and they all say "Do not freeze" on the back label. I guess Mothers has something against freezing. Lol.

KirkH
11-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Reading this just now made me think of what it was that I just recently read on a label that clearly stated "Do not freeze"...

I looked at a couple of bottles on my shelf and it turned out to be the Mothers B2B Tire Renew. Then I checked my bottle of Mothers All Chrome and also their trim cleaner and they all say "Do not freeze" on the back label. I guess Mothers has something against freezing. Lol.

Ideally you dont want to freeze it but most products are going to be fine if it does freeze.

KirkH
11-18-2017, 01:49 PM
It just occurred to me...it says Do Not Freeze so the bottles don't burst.

Eldorado2k
11-18-2017, 02:22 PM
It just occurred to me...it says Do Not Freeze so the bottles don't burst.

Interesting. Makes sense.

luvmyrv
11-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Some products lose their effectiveness once frozen, pesticides and herbicides come to mind...so I was wondering if some liquid car products would also be subject to that....some of these products are just too expensive to find out that that's the case.

FUNX650
11-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Re: Buying and shipping liquid product in winter

•Nope; not for me.
-During the Wintertime, I’d much
rather spend my mad-money on
items that involves less risk.

As such: I give your thread-starter’s
premise the cold-shoulder.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/3A415408-2765-47FA-A890-19609FD87C63.jpeg

Bob