PDA

View Full Version : Post Polish Glass treatment

wolfman123bugs
11-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Hi guys,
Long time reader, newb poster. First off, thanks for all of the great posts and info over the years. I've learned alot from reading on these forums.

Now to my question... I'm attempting to repair the surface of my glass (windshield and roll ups) on my 04 TSX. They were scratched with a flat razor at some point. I've been, for the most part, successful in restoring them to 85%ish new condition using cerium oxide and a DA. During my polishing however i've lost all of the hydrophobic properties and my bottle of off the shelf rainx isn't lasting nearly as long as it had before. I'm considering moving to a higher end product, perhaps in the nano/ceramic coating end of things. So I wanted to get your opinions on a few things....

A. What level of correction have you had best results with? Longevity?
B. Being that my current glass is roughly 85% of brand new/perfect, have you experienced any of the glass coatings on the market offer any sort of noticeable filling ability?
C. Should my glass still have retained its hydrophobic properties after polishing? Hence I've improperly polished the glass?

Can the pros point me in the right direction on this one? Thanks

The Guz
11-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Try adding some sort of glass sealant or coating. No coating that I have used has done any sort of filling (McKee's, Opti-Glass, FlybyForte).

wolfman123bugs
11-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the advice!! I happened across a review of yours on the Opti-Glass about a year ago. How has that turned out?

The Guz
11-17-2017, 01:35 PM
It’s a good glass coating. I️ would put it over McKee’s in overall performant. Testing flybyforte this time around.