PDA

View Full Version : Removing Pet Hair Like A Pro!

Pages : [1] 2

CER3PAD
11-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Removing Pet Hair Like A Pro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHC9qE2pIfY&t=17s

A new video is up and it's for all you pet owners out there!
Removing Pet Hair Like a Pro!

Let me know what you guys think, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Cliff

DetailKitty
11-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Nice video.

Maybe show how they work on a cloth seat as well.

I have the brush but not the stone... may pick one of them up now. Thx!

Eldorado2k
11-15-2017, 10:30 AM
I've been using the pumice stone for years... Except I use it for its real intended purpose which is for my feet.

I remember when I 1st heard about it being a pet hair remover.. I was like who the heck thought of that? Lol. I can't get over the thought of it belonging in the shower + it's pretty dang abrasive when it's dry.. Between those 2 I'll choose the rubber brush.

DetailKitty
11-15-2017, 10:36 AM
I'm kinda just impressed a guy would care enough about his feet to use a pumice stone!

I've been using the pumice stone for years... Except I use it for its real intended purpose which is for my feet.

I remember when I 1st heard about it being a pet hair remover.. I was like who the heck thought of that? Lol. I can't get over the thought of it belonging in the shower + it's pretty dang abrasive when it's dry.. Between those 2 I'll choose the rubber brush.

Eldorado2k
11-15-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm kinda just impressed a guy would care enough about his feet to use a pumice stone!

My feet may not be pretty [no such thing as attractive man feet, right?] but damnit I keep em trimmed and smooth! Lmao. [emoji23]

DetailKitty
11-15-2017, 12:28 PM
My feet may not be pretty [no such thing as attractive man feet, right?] but damnit I keep em trimmed and smooth! Lmao. [emoji23]

Atta boy!

Aaryn NZ
11-15-2017, 12:37 PM

A true detailer right there! :xyxthumbs:

I can honestly say I have never tried using a pumice stone for pet hair so I can't form an opinion there but I do normally have good success with a rubber brush. Most pet hair has an "easy" direction, where if you vacuum or brush it in a certain direction, it come out easier . . . & then there's the pet hair thats been glued to the fabric!

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

CER3PAD
11-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Nice video.

Maybe show how they work on a cloth seat as well.

I have the brush but not the stone... may pick one of them up now. Thx!

Thanks for the input! I agree , I should of shown a few different surfaces and explained how to tackle them.
When I redo this video I'll make sure to add that in!

CER3PAD
11-15-2017, 08:51 PM
"I'm kinda just impressed a guy would care enough about his feet to use a pumice stone! "

Haha , right !? lol

LEDetailing
11-16-2017, 12:03 AM
Those stones work well on long human hair embedded in carpet. Just don’t get them near seat tracks, trim, or anything that you don’t want scratched. Don’t ask me how I know:)

There is a company that sells a pumice stone to remove calcium rings in toilets. It is like claying your toilet:)

KirkH
11-16-2017, 01:37 AM
I don't even use the rubber brush anymore excEpT in cases where I cannot get any pumice sand grains in the interior. THe pumice stone is far superior.

Here's my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEJcmPl_u00

DogRescuer
11-16-2017, 05:40 AM
As one who cleans our animal rescue van regularly I am in favor with using the stone over ANYTHING ELSE, as mentioned be very careful around plastic. If you don't have the stone or rubber brush a wet rubber glove will do a decent job.
Steve

Cruzscarwash
11-16-2017, 11:14 AM
I love the stone, its the best pet hair remover ive used. ive tried the rubber brushes and they are not bad but they are not better imo

dcjredline
11-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Im sorry to be a stickler but the "hair" in that video looks synthetic to me. Looks like some poly fill that was intentionally or unintentionally put in the trunk. Ive not seen pet hair like that before. The clumping and the fibers just don't seem to look like dog hair to me.

All that negative aside, great, informative video man! Thanks for posting the info.

Eldorado2k
11-16-2017, 05:06 PM
@OP. So is that fake or planted hair?