PDA

View Full Version : First Detail on 325I

325i05
01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I am getting ready to detail my Orient Blue 325i. I just received my PC and Edge pad kit. I also ordered a clay bar kit, #7, #21 and #26. I looked at the paint in the bright sun and saw no swirl marks. The car has been garage kept since day 1. Does the pattern above starting with claying seem to be right to bring out a glassy finish to the paint?

supercharged
01-21-2008, 04:27 AM
I am getting ready to detail my Orient Blue 325i. I just received my PC and Edge pad kit. I also ordered a clay bar kit, #7, #21 and #26. I looked at the paint in the bright sun and saw no swirl marks. The car has been garage kept since day 1. Does the pattern above starting with claying seem to be right to bring out a glassy finish to the paint?
you will have hard time with #21 bonding to #7.
#7 is a glaze, and has oils in it, therefore it must be topped with Carnauba wax (#26). Why not polish the paint, skip #7 and go straight to #21. Then after 12-24 hours top it off with #26.

sparkie
01-21-2008, 05:30 AM
:iagree::whs:

Bernard
01-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Maybe M21 will bond on M7. As M21 has light cleaners to help bonding purposes. I don't have M7. But I've tried using M80 + M21. It works and lasted quite long. I think M26 which is a blended Polymer Carnauba wax type would also be the same. If u are afraid of bonding issues. Then I guess don't use the M7.

People use the M7 + M26 combo to achieve the wettest look. It's just a point of view of each individual. It also depend on the paintwork. In my own opinion if ur car's paint is good and swirl free. It should shine like glassy finish (the word u use to describe ur goal) using most method.

Since u got the PC and Edge pads and some products. Maybe u would consider doing a more in depth + cleaning process a little. Maybe trying out some Menzerna 106FF to really bring out the gloss of the paint. Of course u can do it later when u get more comfortable with the PC and read more detailing articles at 'Show N Shine'. Hehehe.....:)

Remember to post ur detailing in the 'Show N Shine' of ur work. Take care and happy detailing. :)

Jimmie
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
:iagree: with Supercharged. Yes clay first and then Supercharged's plan.