PDA

View Full Version : Soap drying on black paint issue!

Pages : [1] 2

Ruben12
11-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Hey guys I have been having issues with the way Adams Polishes car wash soap drying on my paint (see photos attached). It's a sticky residue that for some reason is extremely difficult to get off and is super annoying because I can never get a perfect
finish. Sometimes I just leave it due to the fact that it's black paint and buffing the crap out of it will just cause swirls. Anyone have any advice to this issue or maybe a different soap??
I don't know why the photos uploaded the way they did. Let me know how to fix it or if you can't see them properly. Thanks!

custmsprty
11-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Ditch the Adams and get a better product that AG carries. They have all kinds of excellent soaps, but they don't carry Adams.

PS, just an FYI:

Forum Info

The purpose of Autogeekonline.com is for detailing discussion, providing a place for like minded auto "Geeks" to share knowledge and partake in fellowship.

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.

Links, videos or recommendations to competing products and companies that are not available through Autogeek.com will be moved to the Moderators forum and offenders will be warned or simply placed into the SELF-BANNED category of member groups on this forum.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/100103-forum-rules.html

The Guz
11-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Try not letting it dry on the paint.

MattPersman
11-09-2017, 01:03 PM
They say and claim that the Sio2 soap from Mckees can be left to dry even on the paint

I️ know poorboys super slick and wax works pretty well too it has polymers that work well in the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruben12
11-10-2017, 02:27 AM
Ditch the Adams and get a better product that AG carries. They have all kinds of excellent soaps, but they don't carry Adams.

PS, just an FYI:

Forum Info

The purpose of Autogeekonline.com is for detailing discussion, providing a place for like minded auto "Geeks" to share knowledge and partake in fellowship.

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.

Links, videos or recommendations to competing products and companies that are not available through Autogeek.com will be moved to the Moderators forum and offenders will be warned or simply placed into the SELF-BANNED category of member groups on this forum.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/100103-forum-rules.html

Well, in response to your rude unnecessary post, I was in no way trying to advertise ADAMS POLISHES CAR WASH SOAP. I was asking a simple "detailing" related question. I understand you are a HUGE advocate of Autogeek and that's awesome. It is a forum right? It's called "auto detailing 101" right? My question was clearly detailing related and not in any way meant to SELL/ADVERTISE ADAMS POLISHES SOAP TO ANYONE. I guess you're just one of "those guys". In no way did I break any rules here BRO. But hey! thanks for the lack of ADVICE to my DETAILING AND FORUM friendly question. LOL

pickles
11-10-2017, 03:08 AM
Living in CA it's hard for the soap not to get a little dry at times on the sun side of the car. 75 degrees when I washed today. I usually dry the car with a QD or Megs D156 and the residue, if there is any, comes right off. Any of the forum brand, Chemical guys or Megs soaps will be easy to use and clean well.

I think a QD or spray wax finisher will be a big fix for this problem. Plus it will make the black finish pop a little for you.

DogRescuer
11-10-2017, 05:25 AM
Everyone relax.

QUOTE=Ruben12;1538542]Well, in response to your rude unnecessary post, I was in no way trying to advertise ADAMS POLISHES CAR WASH SOAP. I was asking a simple "detailing" related question. I understand you are a HUGE advocate of Autogeek and that's awesome. It is a forum right? It's called "auto detailing 101" right? My question was clearly detailing related and not in any way meant to SELL/ADVERTISE ADAMS POLISHES SOAP TO ANYONE. I guess you're just one of "those guys". In no way did I break any rules here BRO. But hey! thanks for the lack of ADVICE to my DETAILING AND FORUM friendly question. LOL[/QUOTE]

DogRescuer
11-10-2017, 05:27 AM
Thanks for this information, how do you deal with applying wax with that sun?

QUOTE=pickles;1538544]Living in CA it's hard for the soap not to get a little dry at times on the sun side of the car. 75 degrees when I washed today. I usually dry the car with a QD or Megs D156 and the residue, if there is any, comes right off. Any of the forum brand, Chemical guys or Megs soaps will be easy to use and clean well.

I think a QD or spray wax finisher will be a big fix for this problem. Plus it will make the black finish pop a little for you.[/QUOTE]

Nick McKees37
11-10-2017, 11:21 AM
What wax or sealant is on the paint? How many coats? Do you wax/seal frequently? Did you put a "glaze" on the paint too?

I've seen this happen in the past when wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooo much wax/sealant/glaze (or combination of all 3!) is applied to the paint. When it comes time to wash the car, the soap is not strong enough to cut through the build up of oils/silicones/polymers, thus creating a situation exactly as you described.

Feed back please

custmsprty
11-10-2017, 11:36 AM

fightnews
11-11-2017, 07:32 AM
I have 2 recommendations 1 don't wash in the sun, add a 1/2 oz of uber/914/your favorite rinseless product to soften the water.

Also wash the car in sections

Ruben12
11-13-2017, 02:38 AM
What wax or sealant is on the paint? How many coats? Do you wax/seal frequently? Did you put a "glaze" on the paint too?

I've seen this happen in the past when wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooo much wax/sealant/glaze (or combination of all 3!) is applied to the paint. When it comes time to wash the car, the soap is not strong enough to cut through the build up of oils/silicones/polymers, thus creating a situation exactly as you described.

Feed back please

I’ve got collinite 845 on the paint. I think that might possible be the issue. I’ve thought about buying megs QD but I’m not sure if that would be enough to get rid of the residue. In other words I would have to spray a ton of product on and buff off. What do you think?

Ruben12
11-13-2017, 02:40 AM
I have 2 recommendations 1 don't wash in the sun, add a 1/2 oz of uber/914/your favorite rinseless product to soften the water.

I have a soft water system implemented while washing my car. I’ve come to think that maybe the water might be too “soft” causing the soap to leave behind a residue like that. I wash under a carport, so the sun isn’t a factor. Any other possibilities?

JMak97008
11-13-2017, 03:09 AM
I have a soft water system implemented while washing my car. I’ve come to think that maybe the water might be too “soft” causing the soap to leave behind a residue like that. I wash under a carport, so the sun isn’t a factor. Any other possibilities?

Salt that is left over from the softener? My brother would leave a glass with a slight amount of water in it and after it evaporated, it left behind a film...his installer indicated that there's a slight amount of salt that makes it into the water and that's what he was seeing....the water would evaporate leaving the salt behind. My brother washes his car with softened water and it always leaves a film or residue when he's done washing and drying and has to use a QD to wipe it away.

Desertnate
11-13-2017, 08:42 AM

This was the first thing that came to mind. I wash my black car in the sun due to no shade being available and I've never seen soap leave a residue like that.

Do you rinse each section completely before moving on? I've used some horrible cheap soaps in the past and even the worst didn't leave those types of results.

I don't think the 845 should be causing problems. I've used a few shampoo's on it in all sorts of environments, and not seen any reactions to the soaps. It's very durable and grime along with the soap should just rinse away.