PDA

View Full Version : Who cares about Wheels?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DetailKitty
11-09-2017, 10:28 AM
I saw a new Jeep Wrangler the other day (parked next to it while out) and it was fairly clean. But I looked at the wheels and instead of being silver they were matte brown. They were SO dirty and caked from brake dust they were literally a matte brown.

WHY don't people take care of their wheels? I know so many people who have "just washed their car". Yet their wheels are filthy and they obviously didn't touch them. Usually when I call them out and ask, "if you just cleaned your car why are your wheels still filthy?"
Their usual response... "oh I don't bother with the wheels".

I just don't get this mentality! To me if I don't take care of every part of the vehicle then it doesn't look clean or properly maintained to me!

Anyone else here experience this from others?

Desertnate
11-09-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm with you. Drives me nuts. It is a universal practice around here...trucks, cars, sports cars, etc.

What most of those people don't realize is that brake dust is caustic and will slowly eat away the finish on their wheels. Keeping them clean will ultimately save them money by not having to replace or re-finish their wheels in the future.

DetailKitty
11-09-2017, 10:41 AM
EXACTLY! They are doing damage to their wheels NOT cleaning them!

Rsurfer
11-09-2017, 01:35 PM
I said this in another post..it's like taking a shower and not washing your feet.

kevincwelch
11-09-2017, 01:48 PM
That's because cleaning wheels is like cleaning one's own undercarriage. It's just not fun and it gets dirty real soon again.

DetailKitty
11-09-2017, 01:55 PM
I said this in another post..it's like taking a shower and not washing your feet.

True!

That's because cleaning wheels is like cleaning one's own undercarriage. It's just not fun and it gets dirty real soon again.

WHAT???? I'm stilling washing it! Im the MAN

Finick
11-09-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm with you. Drives me nuts. It is a universal practice around here...trucks, cars, sports cars, etc.

What most of those people don't realize is that brake dust is caustic and will slowly eat away the finish on their wheels. Keeping them clean will ultimately save them money by not having to replace or re-finish their wheels in the future.

Tbh, the kind of people who wouldn’t bother to clean them in the first place probably wouldn’t care enough to replace/refinish them anyway.

I️ like to think of the massive amounts of built up break dust I️ see on cars as their way of getting a free set of black wheels :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VISITOR
11-09-2017, 07:09 PM
when the wheel wells aren't cleaned that's just as bad as dirty wheels. it's like wearing a suit (or clean clothes) with dirty socks/shoes...

DetailKitty
11-09-2017, 07:16 PM
when the wheel wells aren't cleaned that's just as bad as dirty wheels. it's like wearing a suit (or clean clothes) with dirty socks/shoes...

The wheels SHOULD be cleaned as well, yes, but I️ can be a little more forgiving if someone doesn’t have them pristine.
Wheels are so obvious! Just clean them!

Rsurfer
11-09-2017, 07:23 PM

Yeah, a nice suit and tie and scuffed up dirty shoes.

DetailKitty
11-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Or an un-ironed shirt?

Rsurfer
11-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Or an un-ironed shirt?

How about a dark business suit with white tennis shoes with black shoe laces.

PaulMys
11-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Just saw a Ram this morning that was 2 years newer than mine. Chrome wheels were quite literally brown.

Otherwise, the truck was in ok shape.

Disgusted me a bit, but made me feel a little better about mine that haven't been washed in a week. Lol

DetailKitty
11-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Just saw a Ram this morning that was 2 years newer than mine. Chrome wheels were quite literally brown.

Otherwise, the truck was in ok shape.

Disgusted me a bit, but made me feel a little better about mine that haven't been washed in a week. Lol

No kidding.... when I’m feeling bad about no washing my vehicles I️ see something like that and it’s not so bad.

DogRescuer
11-10-2017, 05:49 AM
This is a great point.

QUOTE=Finick;1538443]Tbh, the kind of people who wouldn’t bother to clean them in the first place probably wouldn’t care enough to replace/refinish them anyway.

I️ like to think of the massive amounts of built up break dust I️ see on cars as their way of getting a free set of black wheels :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]