PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless wash or waterless wash?

SWETM
11-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Hello folks!

When now winter is pokeing on the door I thought about which way is the safest to wash the car. I'm a 2bm man and think that works great for me. Usely I start with foamcannon and rinse and then 2bm and dry the car and last a wipe down with a qd. This winter I want to wash the every 2-3 weeks. And that is not something I can do at home since running water is not an option.

I have the possibility to drive to the coin op wash and do a prewash there. But they are not fond of you useing your own products. I will use a own degreaser before I rinse it of. Then I will proberly drive home and do a rinseless or waterless wash. I have a 10 miles drive home so some dirt will it be.

How would you do the wash when you got home if you were me?

I have Ech2o at home and it's hard to get hold of anything else here. Would love to buy n914 but the shipping cost to Sweden is a high. But in the spring I will do buy from AGO.

Mantilgh
11-09-2017, 09:55 AM
I usually just rinseless wash, but sometimes pre spray with some of my rinseless solution in a pump sprayer also.

dublifeMKVII
11-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Have you ever tried ONR? I've done 2BM with ONR to keep the wash media clean. You get a little spillage so in a garage expect a wet floor. Not sure I completely understood your question though. I use both rinseless and waterless methods depending on the variables (mainly amount of dirt and time).

ChrisT
11-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Sweden, winter, 10 mile drive home from the coin wash? Sounds like rinseless to me.

FUNX650
11-09-2017, 12:09 PM
I use a “hybrid” car-washing method...
a combination of many different styles:
Bucket(s); RW; WW; etc. (hardly ever
a coin-op, though).

•IMO:
-Going to a coin-op car wash to “pre-wash”;
then going back to the house to finish up
[with either RW/WW, (or both)] constitutes
a hybrid car-washing method.

-No one particular car-washing method
is either the right, or wrong, method.

Bob

SWETM
11-09-2017, 01:53 PM
We have really dirty roads in winters. Lots of roadsalt is spread and cars get very dirty mainly on the verticals. I would have to wash the every day to be satisfied.

The question is if you would drive about 10 miles on roadsalted roads is it to dirty for a waterless wash?
And on a really dirty car would you do a rinseless wash without rinse of the lose grime first?
How are your methods to rinseless wash? Do you use it as you do with 2bm? Not the wash solution but what wash media are you using, how many mitts or mf towels and do you rinse the mitt in the rinsebucket and use it again.

I have never done rinseless wash or waterless wash before. That's why I'm curious how you do it.

dublifeMKVII
11-09-2017, 02:34 PM
You might get away with a rinseless. The 2BM part basically means one with just water (or a capful of ONR) and a wash bucket with the suggested ratio. I've used MF/Chenille mitts as well as large plush MF towels which can be carefully be dragged across a panel, the flipped over and done again. Clean out the wash media once or twice in the rinse bucket before moving on. If it's too dirty, reach for a new one. You might go through 4-6 MF towels just for the cleaning step. A lot of it using judgment based on side panels being dirtier etc. A good pre-soak using a sprayer for each panel before washing is a good idea too.

Cruzscarwash
11-09-2017, 03:04 PM
so I have a few buddies from up north that say they keep pump sprayers in the trunk and prespray while waiting for a stall at the coin op, then just blast it all off, then do the spot free rinse and then go back home and do a rinseless/waterless wash. maybe with the new griots pump hand foamer u can foam in the stall and then spray? I actually though about trying this just to see how it does on a weekly basis.

ONR am I missing something? it didn't seem like the magical unicorn blood that everyone makes it out to be on the boards and forums. it was a good soap but nothing to write home about.

SWETM
11-09-2017, 04:00 PM
so I have a few buddies from up north that say they keep pump sprayers in the trunk and prespray while waiting for a stall at the coin op, then just blast it all off, then do the spot free rinse and then go back home and do a rinseless/waterless wash. maybe with the new griots pump hand foamer u can foam in the stall and then spray? I actually though about trying this just to see how it does on a weekly basis.

ONR am I missing something? it didn't seem like the magical unicorn blood that everyone makes it out to be on the boards and forums. it was a good soap but nothing to write home about.

This is what I thinking on to do. I have a pressure bottles to apply the prewash products and then just rinse as good as I can. If it's not works as good there is the possibility to rent a diy garage at the gas station. Where they have pressure wash. But it's on the hour and I would have to bring the 2 buckets and all with me. And it's more $ at the diy garage so I thought of saving some and use the coin op.

It's very unusual to do rinseless or waterless wash in Sweden. So my own experience is none with it. And it's hard to get it also. Meguiars is often the tripple cost here and Ech2o is about the same price you have. ONR is always out of stock and I look quite often for it. Want to test the water softerner it has and I believe that's what dublife think of. Does it really work with the grime more easy stays to the bottom of the bucket?

hmardown
11-09-2017, 07:39 PM
I do a coin operated brushless wash & then drive home(7 or 8 mile trip). then I do a rinseless wash. it doesn't seem to matter what I pre-spray on at the brushless wash. it's good enough to get the bulk of heavy crap off. you can't beat the looks or feeling of backing out of your garage after you detail your truck in 30* weather. it's pretty easy to keep your vehicle clean once the temp drops(everything's frozen).
hmardown

SWETM
11-10-2017, 02:54 AM
How is your experience with rinseless or waterless wash in low temperatur? Is it more difficult to dry the car without smearing or something else?

Thanks for the response!

dublifeMKVII
11-10-2017, 07:18 AM

Been a few years since I was last into this hobby/passion. The only rinseless/waterless products I've ever used are ONR and DP's. I think ONR is a must have. Maybe it's actual rinseless wash qualities aren't going to blow anyone away but I like it for all the other things I can use it for too.

UncleDavy
11-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Actually both. The waterless solution is good for a presoak and then finish it with the rinseless.

chet31
11-11-2017, 01:52 AM
I do ONR washes in my garage up until the snow starts flying. Then I pack it in. Once there's snow/salt/water on the roads, I figure what's the point in washing it, the car gets dirty 60 seconds after I leave my garage. Plus the car gets so dirty, washing it is just asking for swirls. And it's just friggin' cold. I yield to Mother Nature, my car is just going to be dirty all winter.