PDA

View Full Version : Minimum temperature to apply WGDGPS

brettS4
11-08-2017, 09:11 PM
This week the weather is going to be in the low 40s here in WI. I was planning to do a quick detail job on my car in the next week before the snow starts flying. Then I realized I would have time to do a full detail this week (which it needs) that I had originally expected to put off until spring.

My one question is, how warm should the car surface and garage interior be to get a good bond with DGPS? I'd want to put two layers on and call it quits.

andy0902
11-09-2017, 01:31 PM
I can't say what the absolute minimum would be but I just put WDGPS on my BMW this weekend after polishing. I got the garage temp up to 54F and the product worked fine. I let it sit for an hour after application just to be sure, but it dried to a nice haze and buffed off easily. Hope that helps.

brettS4
11-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Thanks. I did some searching and found a few comments that the product isn't very sensitive to heat variances, but needs to be protected from condensation during the 12 hour cure time.

FUNX650
11-09-2017, 05:17 PM
I’ve found it best for me to not apply Sealants
whenever the panel temps are going to be, and
will remain, below 50°F.

Here’s another guideline:
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/46956-what-temperature-ranges-best-applying-compounds-polishes-waxes-paint-sealants.html

Bob

UncleDavy
11-12-2017, 08:41 PM
It was 37 degrees here yesterday in Massachusetts and I used the WDGPS on a panel of my truck. It went on easily and came off without any problems.