PDA

View Full Version : Do you change wash bucket after every car/wash?

Pages : [1] 2

KirkH
11-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Do you make up a fresh bucket of soap for every car you wash? I always change my rinse bucket, sometimes multiple times on one car. I always change the wash bucket too but I was thinking, is that really necessary? Especially if the car is not very dirty. The mitt gets thoroughly rinsed so it should be pretty clean every time in the wash bucket.

For home detailers, do you change your wash bucket after each of your cars? Do you put a lid on the bucket and save it for next time?

For pros, do you change wash bucket after every car? I have seen hand car washes have 55 gallon drum of wash soap. I wouldn't do that.

PaulMys
11-08-2017, 07:44 PM
I Just do my truck and wife's Jeep at home, but I will always change out both buckets for fresh wash/rinse between the two.

GSKR
11-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Alot of pros use a foam Cannon.

Finick
11-08-2017, 07:57 PM
I use the GDWM whether I'm doing a traditional or rinseless wash, so I can usually get away with washing my car and one other at home with around a gallon and a half of mixed up water.

It'll sound funny but I hate having to deal with mitts, that's why the GDWM is pretty much my go to no matter what wash method.

edit: to answer question directly, no I don't.

Setec Astronomy
11-08-2017, 07:58 PM
I almost always use a fresh bucket for each car. Just speaking as a hobbyist.

dublifeMKVII
11-08-2017, 08:09 PM
fresh bucket and I wash my wash media with each car

Eldorado2k
11-08-2017, 08:20 PM
I don't change the suds in the bucket after just 1 car. I either wash at least 2 cars back to back, or I leave my clean rinsed mitts inside the bucket and put a lid on it to use next time [as long as it's within a few days]

If it's been sitting for 7 or more days I dump out, rinse my mitts, and make fresh suds.

This process has become standard procedure now that I'm using a more expensive car wash [Carpro Reload] but I still do it no matter which soap I decide to use.

Paul A.
11-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Like GSKR said, I use a foam gun and it's a moot question for me.

I will mix up some ONR and a rinse bucket if I'm expecting to get some compounding dust on a job. I'll use that to wipe away any dusting and will cover it and save it for no more than a week. I'll use it for 2 cars max.

PaulMys
11-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Alot of pros use a foam Cannon.

For those you that have seen the movie "Slingblade":

I reckon I ain't got me one a dem fancy guns, Mmmm hmmmm....

I just warsh it with the 2 bucket method... Mmmm.

UncleDavy
11-08-2017, 10:25 PM
I definitely change the wash bucket for every car including the separate bucket I use for tires and wheel wells. The wash water also gets changed for every car with a rinseless wash.

LSNAutoDetailing
11-08-2017, 11:05 PM
I use Foam Gun, but also use 2BM... I change water every time (along with fresh mitts)

KirkH
11-08-2017, 11:17 PM
I definitely change the wash bucket for every car including the separate bucket I use for tires and wheel wells. The wash water also gets changed for every car with a rinseless wash.

Why do you change out unused rinseless wash?

I definitely save rinseless juice. I put a lid on it and even leave towels in the bucket. I always have 5 gallons ready for mobile detailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

PouncingPanzer
11-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Absolutely.

I used to keep the soap bucket for the next wash and would use it on my wheels but I don't do that anymore.

Desertnate
11-09-2017, 10:41 AM
I change out both the rinse bucket and the soap bucket after each vehice. I also rinse out the wash mitt. I like starting each vehicle with clean product.

Pats300zx
11-09-2017, 11:17 AM
I have 2 dedicated buckets for wash/rinse and a separate bucket for wheels. I typically change out the rinse bucket and wheel bucket when doing multiple cars. If the suds are good in my wash bucket I will use it on multiple cars. I figure that this water is clean since my mitt is always rinsed prior to re-inserting it into the wash bucket.

For rinseless washes I use the GDWM. Any left over solution is kept in the bucket with a gamma seal lid.