PDA

View Full Version : Daily maintenance

Bill-SD
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
My car is very dark blue. I love the color but, of course, it gets dirty/dusty really quick. It's my daily driver. Every day or so I go over it with a CA duster. I also have waterless wash from Jeff's Werkstatt and Chemical Guys, that I use periodically. I kind of like Jeff's better. My question what do you guys recommend for keeping dark color cars looking good in between washes. I want to be careful not to put any micro-marring on the finish. I just took care of some of that with SIP/Nano. Thanks for that recommendation. That stuff works great!

cls
01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi Bill-SD.Have a black car and its really hard to keep it swirl free so I Just use a leaf blower to remove the dust instead of using Mf and qd all the time.I live in a very busy city so imagine the pollution.I also use ONR once/twice a week also.

Bill-SD
01-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi Bill-SD.Have a black car and its really hard to keep it swirl free so I Just use a leaf blower to remove the dust instead of using Mf and qd all the time.I live in a very busy city so imagine the pollution.I also use ONR once/twice a week also.

I've read good things about ONR. So it works pretty well for for?

supercharged
01-19-2008, 11:31 PM
My car is very dark blue. I love the color but, of course, it gets dirty/dusty really quick. It's my daily driver. Every day or so I go over it with a CA duster. I also have waterless wash from Jeff's Werkstatt and Chemical Guys, that I use periodically. I kind of like Jeff's better. My question what do you guys recommend for keeping dark color cars looking good in between washes. I want to be careful not to put any micro-marring on the finish. I just took care of some of that with SIP/Nano. Thanks for that recommendation. That stuff works great!
consider getting some Poorboy's Spray and Wipe.

Bill-SD
01-20-2008, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get some and give it a try.

mjfx
01-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey man beautiful car. I would not recommend using anything to dust off your paint. I know it sucks when it gets dirty within hours. But I just wash my wheels if I'm in a rush and just keep the paint dirty until the weekend. It doesnt look great but at least I know my paint isnt being scratched by some duster.

Surfer
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Daily maintenance will do nothing but start to add swirls. No matter how careful you are, more touching = more marring. Unfortunetley colors like yours will show the most amount of dirt/dust. I would stick to washing once weekly, maybe use a rinseless wash once in the middle of the week etc.

Racin10s
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM

I agree with this... S&W is great stuff and good for a mid week duster. I wouldn't use the CA duster... I just can't trust that is wont introduce more swirls to the CC.

Reddwarf
01-20-2008, 08:46 PM
:iagree: With PB Spray & Wipe. Great stuff!

Jimmie
01-20-2008, 09:17 PM

:iagree:. It's a good one.

Mike T
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM

:iagree:
To tell you the truth, as the owner of a black car, I've given up. I've tried everything. Outside 24/7 here.