PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer additives/boosters

spewking
11-07-2017, 06:08 AM
These additives are to keep windshield, help in cold temperatures, and refresh glass sealants.

Do they affect your car’s sealant, wax, or coating? I am afraid of using these boosters, some have hints of antifreeze in them, due to the spray getting on car and eating away my Wolfgang.

Thoughts?

David

PouncingPanzer
11-07-2017, 06:26 AM
I have been running the P21s additive for about a year now. First time I added too much I think and it was thick and streaky. The second time I cut it in half and it hasn't done that anymore. As for performance upgrade, I haven't noticed. I put silica on my windshield and I think that plays a bigger roll in the good performance of my wipers then the additive does.

PA DETAILER
11-07-2017, 12:19 PM
I use the P21s in the winter. I add it to the cheap blue stuff. In the summer I use the concentrate below. Makes 7 gallons of RTU fluid.

https://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-windshield-wash-concentrate.html

Back on subject, read this is another good product for winter fluid. I have not used yet, but would like to try it.

https://www.autogeek.net/mckees-anti-frost.html

FUNX650
11-07-2017, 07:25 PM
The fluid, that is in each of my vehicles’
windshield washer reservoirs, already
contains the prerequisite additives.

No need to add additional additives.

Bob

JHL88
11-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Honestly I can't tell any difference at all with these "boosters" or additives. Probably better off saving your money for something else that you need.

Klasse Act
11-07-2017, 08:38 PM
I use the product sold from 3 0 3 [emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PaulMys
11-07-2017, 08:48 PM
I put a couple capfulls of ONR in my reservoir.

IME, the cleaning power isn't boosted much, but it does make the water beading better.

AutowerxDetailing
11-08-2017, 12:08 AM
I've recently been using the Rain-X washer fluid additive. It works surprisingly well for an OTC product. The only thing I noticed is after a few months of usage the product was building up on the wiper blades causing them to squeak. After a quick alcohol wipe over the rubber blades everything returned to normal.

fightnews
11-08-2017, 03:22 AM
Honestly I can't tell any difference at all with these "boosters" or additives. Probably better off saving your money for something else that you need.

I was thinking the same thing. That mckees booster did nothing my windows still froze last winter

Desertnate
11-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Why would someone use these additives instead of the 0 or -10 (or even -40 in some places) washer fluid you can buy in just about any retail store or gas station this time of year? The stuff is roughly $5 a gallon and doesn't require any mixing.

minerigger
11-08-2017, 08:45 AM
It's less that $3 a gallon here and is good to -20 or -30...i chuckled first time I saw them. I know for a fact nothing works when it's more that -50....not even me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lawrenceSA
11-09-2017, 07:14 AM
The climate where I live certainly doesn't necessitate any 'anti-freezing' capabilities... so for me, the liquid is literally just used to wash the window on the go.... so for that I use ONR at rinseless wash dilution. Seems to work well enough and if some gets on the paint in the process, I have no concerns.