PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

ZL1Mike
11-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Just got my truck back from being painted and noticed a bunch of scratches. I heard that the LC thin pads were good so I ordered a variety pack. I started out with the orange pad but it wasn't very effective so I switched to the grey pad. The grey pad was the same story which left me with the microfiber pad. It corrected most of the scratches but left behind a bunch of holograms. After hitting it with some Menzerna 3500 and a white pad, the holograms were still there and it looked horrible. It happened to be damp and foggy out, but i'm not sure if that would influence the effectiveness of the compound or pads. For correction, I used my Griot's 6" with some FG400.

wing commander
11-07-2017, 01:44 AM
I think the holograms were from the paint shop,you just need more work on them. Some repaints at so called paint shops spray clear over bases with sanding marks still visible. If you chase those sanding marks you will remove the clear before the sanding marks causing a unsightly burn through.

ZL1Mike
11-07-2017, 02:07 PM
The guy who did the paint work was buffing the truck with a dirty pad and without washing it which would explain all the marks. It would be a shame if the holograms were under the clear.

Rsurfer
11-07-2017, 02:26 PM
The guy who did the paint work was buffing the truck with a dirty pad and without washing it which would explain all the marks. It would be a shame if the holograms were under the clear.

Take your truck back to the painter and express your concerns. How long ago was your truck painted? Hope you paid by credit card.