PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna SIP

Pages : [1] 2

beavslu01
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Well today was rainy and cooled, nothing really to do, so i decided to try out the new yellow Edge pad i got the other day on the Fairlane. I last polished this car in the summer with Pinnicale XMT line, it had, i guess you say, moderate swirls on the paint, but i think this car had a hard clear on it. I had also got some PB SS3 mostly because i don't have alot of space in the garage to work in, so i have to polish outside and figured i'll give it a try. I tryed the PB with the yellow pad and left alot of mirco maring on the paint. So i went to to the SS2.5 with the blue pad and still had alittle maring on it, so i tryed the SIP with the yellow and SIP, worked in for about 3-5 min. and WOW! Im not as highly skilled as some of you out their, but to me after the SIP it seemed that i would be able to go strait to waxing. Got to say that this stuff was worth it.

Picture with some of the swirls if you can see them, but they are their (bad lighting).
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/104_1459.jpg

Picture after the SIP.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/104_1457.jpg

lethalxls1
01-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Follow up with the Nano and a finishing pad- it should look even better.

budman3
01-19-2008, 04:20 PM
The SSR3 is pretty much liquid sandpaper, a very strong professional product. It needs ample time and friction to have the product properly breakdown. I've used it with a PC to remove sanding marks a few years ago... it's almost too strong to use, IMO. I definitely would save it for very neglected surfaces. All that matters is that you got the results you are looking for. Looks good.

wytstang
01-19-2008, 04:56 PM
SIP=God send

BMSPEED
01-19-2008, 05:09 PM
:iagree: sip followed w/ nano is a great combo, can't go wrong!

justin_murphy
01-19-2008, 05:49 PM
All that matters is that you got the results you are looking for. Looks good.

Very well put!!!

This is all that matters. No need for multiple steps.....unless you WANT to.

Excessive Detail
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Looks good cus, thats the wagon isn't it, I just got my SIP in, can't wait to use it, did you order any nano, if not, when I get back I'll bring some over.

Well today was rainy and cooled, nothing really to do, so i decided to try out the new yellow Edge pad i got the other day on the Fairlane. I last polished this car in the summer with Pinnicale XMT line, it had, i guess you say, moderate swirls on the paint, but i think this car had a hard clear on it. I had also got some PB SS3 mostly because i don't have alot of space in the garage to work in, so i have to polish outside and figured i'll give it a try. I tryed the PB with the yellow pad and left alot of mirco maring on the paint. So i went to to the SS2.5 with the blue pad and still had alittle maring on it, so i tryed the SIP with the yellow and SIP, worked in for about 3-5 min. and WOW! Im not as highly skilled as some of you out their, but to me after the SIP it seemed that i would be able to go strait to waxing. Got to say that this stuff was worth it.

Picture with some of the swirls if you can see them, but they are their (bad lighting).
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/104_1459.jpg

Picture after the SIP.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/beavslu01/104_1457.jpg

beavslu01
01-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I kind of wish i got the nano instead of the final polish. Thats not the wagon that the two hard top. So i need to finish up the nano and what kind of pad, white?

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I would suggest to follow up with 106ff, 85rd, or ultrafina se.

zaxjax
01-19-2008, 07:28 PM
You will like Final Finish. I have both and depending on the color and how much I get paid determines if Nano is used.

The Skillmaster
01-19-2008, 11:19 PM
I got SIP recently because I heard so many great things about it and my ego told me to get one of the best, most expensive polishes I can. Well I don't have much polishing experience but I am very pleased with the results and like that it finishes with no noticeable marring even with an LC orange pad. Unfortunately, I do a lot of my work in the sun where I shouldn't so I probably should have gotten a more sun-friendly polish. I still got good results but it's a little tricky to work with. Definitely worth keeping for those indoor jobs. Can anyone recommend some good sun-friendly polishes for those days I don't have a garage to work in?

Excessive Detail
01-20-2008, 07:54 AM
I kind of wish i got the nano instead of the final polish. Thats not the wagon that the two hard top. So i need to finish up the nano and what kind of pad, white?

I would use an orange pad with the nano, I never liked the white pad or the blue one, I always finish paint with the orange pad.

TOGWT
01-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Can anyone recommend some good sun-friendly polishes for those days I don't have a garage to work in?

Danase Swirl Abolisher line
Optimum Car Products
Poorboys
Pinnicle XMT line

mixxer
01-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Excessive Detail
i also finish down with orange most of the time too

Excessive Detail
01-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Yea. I've tried to use the white pad like everyone says to do, but it never does anything for me, I will actually use the orange pad to to compound, for ex. use Opt. Comp. then just flip the pad over and finish it off with Opt. Polish.

Excessive Detail
i also finish down with orange most of the time too