PDA

View Full Version : New Member in the Boston Area

Pages : [1] 2

Ferox
10-31-2017, 03:10 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

I found this highly addictive site about two months and have been lurking ever since. So I thought it was about time to sign up and post.

Didn't actually realize there is a lot more to just draggin' the hose and bucket out to wash the car. Holy smokes I've been doing it all wrong for years.. and years....
One has never felt so lazy until you read all of effort that everyone puts into taking care of their cars, the steps that are required to keep it looking that good and a determination to always improve.

So, the reason for me being here is that the wife and I just bought a new car and I wanted to keep that new car look so I was actually just poking around the internet looking for a new washing mitt and some odds and ends to keep the car clean and I happen to come across AG. Once I saw the content and products here, my pupils dilated to the size of quarters. That was the entrance to the rabbit hole and in I dove head first.. reading and watching.. reading more.. researching.. watching even more.. and on and on it went and will go.

I was getting more in tune as to what was needed ( thanks Mike for that video on "Here's what you need to..." (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2017-new-car-detailing-how-article-mike-phillips/111332-heres-what-you-need-get-into-machine-polishing-recommendations-beginner-mike-phillips.html) ) if I was going to go down this path. Although I've read you can remove DISO's (YAY!) or imperfections in the paint by hand, my hope was to still have both arms attached to me by the end of the day. So, on I went to gather my new supplies and getting on a first name basis with my FedEx delivery guy.
Good guy.. name is John, has a wife, 2 kids, 1 in college lives on the Southside of town.. but I digress.

It's been odd but I've never been an OCD type of person but since starting this taking-care-of-my-car-is-that-a-speck-of-dust-on-my-new-wax-job?! Yeah.. like that.

So I'll cut this short. Found this site, read and watched until my eyes bled, picked up some products ( Who am I kidding, a ton of products), a GG6" - because a beginner has to begin at the beginning and I'm off on making my wife nuts the neighbors envious and my body sore.
Here's looking forward to talking with some of you as I'm SURE I'll have questions.

#EnjoytheProcess

Mike,
Thanks for the incredible and invaluable information and videos posted. Can't say that it hasn't been information overload.
But that's a good thing.:props:

LSNAutoDetailing
10-31-2017, 05:40 PM
Welcome to AGO - former MA/NH native myself. Enjoy your new obsession...er... I mean hobby! :)

UncleDavy
10-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the world of auto detailing. I have always said that detailing is evolutionary and not revolutionary. Products and techniques are always changing and improving. I am also a fellow New Englander in southeastern Mass. It is time to get the vehicles ready for our New England winter.

Paul A.
10-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Welcome Mike! You found the best site for this obsession.

Like Paul G I too was formerly from The Bay State (born and raised).

Justin at Final Inspection
10-31-2017, 06:36 PM
Welcome from a fellow Mass-hole! Live and run my business in Rochester Ma.

Rtrick87
11-01-2017, 03:13 AM
Welcome fellow Masshole. What part of Mass? Actually in Boston, inner city or suburb?

Rtrick87
11-01-2017, 03:15 AM
Welcome to AGO - former MA/NH native myself. Enjoy your new obsession...er... I mean hobby! :)

Happened to check out your site and was like oh Arizona... then was like oh, Boston cell phone number.. lol.

Wrich101
11-01-2017, 08:02 AM
Another Masshole here. Basically same story as you....stumbled upon this site a few years ago. Really went down the rabbit hole around a year ago!

What part of Mass? We need a MA get together lol

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

machz
11-01-2017, 08:13 AM
You guys down in MA clean your cars? The way you drive I figured it was a waste of time as most panels are dented in a few weeks anyway :)

Welcome from NH and no I'm south of "The notch" so I didn't marry my sister.... Well she said NO anyway..

yellosuzku
11-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Welcome from a lost town of Rt 2! I, like you, stumbled across the site on day trying to better my old truck and have since been hooked to all things detailing!

howardm4
11-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Welcome from the Concord/Acton area.

I do like the idea of a Masshole detailing get-together or maybe even a MeetUp.

JKDesign
11-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Welcome! I'm from southern Maine!

Kamakaz1961
11-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Ferox
11-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'm more in the Somerville/ Davis Sq. Area.

And remember.. Mass-holes are always the most courteous, thoughtful and aware bunch of drivers this side of the insane asylum. How anyone gets any dents in their car is beyond me.

DaHen
11-01-2017, 05:17 PM
:welcome: to Autogeek forum.