PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire foam booster

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
10-31-2017, 07:16 AM
https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-foam-booster.html

This product not really needed, but looks like fun. HW foams up good in my gun, but I would love to see the results with the booster.

Angus
10-31-2017, 10:21 AM
I was given the chance to evaluate a beta version of the foam booster a few months back - and let me be the first to confirm, this stuff really does boost any soap foaming abilities!

Check out this cling!
https://i.imgur.com/0y0AJxdl.jpg

What struck me is this booster will be great for winter washes when pre-soaking using my foam cannon. Given we can't have TFR's stateside - I love the idea of adding this to a citrus-based soap (ie CG Wash & Gloss) to help boost the soap's cling time and break down traffic film/ road salt during winter months. Such a combo could be a real home run for us Northern's.​

I'm looking forward to trying out the official version :)

Elliot@Autogeek
10-31-2017, 01:07 PM
https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-foam-booster.html

This product not really needed, but looks like fun. HW foams up good in my gun, but I would love to see the results with the booster.

This product is for anyone who want to use a foam gun, but don't want to lose the ability to use their favorite soap.
E.G. I like using the Wolfgang Auto Bathe but it isnt the best foaming soap for the foam gun..the booster will help this out!

Here is straight from the website what it does

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is a uniquely specialized formula that, when added to any car wash soap will instantly transform it into a foaming car wash! Using a highly concentrated blend of lubricating agents and advanced polymers, BLACKFIRE Foam Booster enhances the cleaning power of your car soap for an overall safer washing experience. Foam is what makes the car wash perform and with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, you’ll never experience a foam shortage again!

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is not a car wash in itself. It is simply a foaming agent that will enhance the car wash that it’s added to! Even if the car wash you already have sitting in your garage isn’t a “foaming” wash, after a quick doctoring with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, it will be!

szjalo
10-31-2017, 01:34 PM
Intrigued. anyone knows what's the dilution ratio of this booster? for example, how many oz of booster should I be adding to a regular 32oz foam cannon bottle (containing soap)

PouncingPanzer
10-31-2017, 01:55 PM
I was given the chance to evaluate a beta version of the foam booster a few months back - and let me be the first to confirm, this stuff really does boost any soap foaming abilities!

Check out this cling!

What struck me is this booster will be great for winter washes when pre-soaking using my foam cannon. Given we can't have TFR's stateside - I love the idea of adding this to a citrus-based soap (ie CG Wash & Gloss) to help boost the soap's cling time and break down traffic film/ road salt during winter months. Such a combo could be a real home run for us Northern's.​

I'm looking forward to trying out the official version :)

That does look quite thick and rich, very nice. My only question is, does it have silicons, gloss enhancers, or anything that stays behind?

Elliot@Autogeek
11-01-2017, 11:58 AM
That does look quite thick and rich, very nice. My only question is, does it have silicons, gloss enhancers, or anything that stays behind?

I included this in the last reply I did..but here it is again highlighted for ya. Hope that answers that for ya!

"BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is a uniquely specialized formula that, when added to any car wash soap will instantly transform it into a foaming car wash! Using a highly concentrated blend of lubricating agents and advanced polymers, BLACKFIRE Foam Booster enhances the cleaning power of your car soap for an overall safer washing experience. Foam is what makes the car wash perform and with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, you’ll never experience a foam shortage again!"

The Guz
11-01-2017, 12:37 PM
Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/116479-review-blackfire-pro-detailers-choice-foam-booster.html)

Elliot@Autogeek
11-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Intrigued. anyone knows what's the dilution ratio of this booster? for example, how many oz of booster should I be adding to a regular 32oz foam cannon bottle (containing soap)

Pretty much 1-1.5oz to 32oz of soap solutioned water

fightnews
11-01-2017, 03:12 PM
This product is for anyone who want to use a foam gun, but don't want to lose the ability to use their favorite soap.
E.G. I like using the Wolfgang Auto Bathe but it isnt the best foaming soap for the foam gun..the booster will help this out!

Here is straight from the website what it does

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is a uniquely specialized formula that, when added to any car wash soap will instantly transform it into a foaming car wash! Using a highly concentrated blend of lubricating agents and advanced polymers, BLACKFIRE Foam Booster enhances the cleaning power of your car soap for an overall safer washing experience. Foam is what makes the car wash perform and with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, you’ll never experience a foam shortage again!

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is not a car wash in itself. It is simply a foaming agent that will enhance the car wash that it’s added to! Even if the car wash you already have sitting in your garage isn’t a “foaming” wash, after a quick doctoring with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, it will be!

So I would add 2 - 2.5 ounces of booster to a gallon of straight wolfgang auto bath correct? How would I mix that?

fightnews
11-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Pretty much 1-1.5oz to 32oz of soap solutioned water

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171101/984992746be6d7e29007a28f2c213788.jpg

This says add 2 oz to my 128 oz shampoo bottle. That would be the bottle it came in. It doesnt say anything about the soap being diluted?

Eldorado2k
11-01-2017, 04:24 PM

This says add 2 oz to my 128 oz shampoo bottle. That would be the bottle it came in. It doesnt say anything about the soap being diluted?

I agree. The directions clearly seem to state 1 thing, but the representatives state another.. How can this be?

Does anyone truly know how to use this product? An official video would be good.

FUNX650
11-02-2017, 07:28 AM
This product not really needed...

^^^ :iagree: ^^^

Why isn’t this product added to all
car soaps in the factory so they all
foam as much as possible?

IMO: because “foam” doesn’t clean.

Assuming here that's a little bottle of SLES??
Sodium laureth sulfate—or...
Or...a bottle of Cocoamide DEA (or
similar chemicals)?

Bob

Elliot@Autogeek
11-02-2017, 08:20 AM

When you use a foam gun you put in a ratio of water and soap that is recommended by the manufacturer, then you will add the foam soap

So I would add 2 - 2.5 ounces of booster to a gallon of straight wolfgang auto bath correct? How would I mix that?

After adding to it, shaking it or mixing it as best as one can is recommended.

KirkH
11-02-2017, 10:20 AM

IMO: because “foam” doesn’t clean.

Or...a bottle of Cocoamide DEA (or
similar chemicals)?

Bob

Nah, cocoamide DEA is a carcinogen. Based on the eye warnings, I bet it is sodium laureth sulfate (SLES). Also, SLES is cheap. You can buy quarts for $5 to make your own bath bombs and children's shampoo.

FUNX650
11-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Nah, cocoamide DEA is a carcinogen.
Based on the eye warnings, I bet it is
sodium laureth sulfate (SLES). Also,
SLES is cheap. You can buy quarts for
$5 to make your own bath bombs and
children's shampoo.
Nah...
The FDA has not established a link
between DEA and/or DEA-related
ingredients, and the risk of cancer
in humans.
Source: ~USFDA

•Additionally:
-Cocoamide DEA is a very effective foaming
agent; and, since obtaining the SDSs for
AGO house brands is often like getting blood
out of a stone...then, IMO, Cocoamide DEA
has as much of a chance of being the active
ingredient in this BF product, as does SLES.

•Then again:
-Why am I bothering with debating this aspect
of this particular BF product when earlier I
agreed that it’s not really needed?:

This product not really needed...

:doh:

Bob