PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke? BF Pro APC is $70/gallon?!?!?!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

KirkH
10-30-2017, 11:59 PM
WTH?

https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-apc-bottle-combo-128.html

Seriously, a gallon of APC that is recommended dilution of 4:1, for $70?

Megs is $20/gallon
McKees is $30
Optimum is $40
Blackfire AIO APC is $40.

This feels like outright gouging!

Eldorado2k
10-31-2017, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't mind a sample to review. [emoji4]

dcjredline
10-31-2017, 01:58 AM
Its called Marketing. If they get enough hype around it some cows just herd up and buy it. LOL.

MattPersman
10-31-2017, 05:49 AM
German polymers? German magic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaddie
10-31-2017, 07:14 AM
It could be well worth $70, or it might not be as good as a $20 competitor. We have to see some reviews with comparisons to have valid conclusions.

I'm excited by the new BLACKFIRE line if it's been reformulated to achieve better results. So far I haven't seen any information about reformulation, so the new products may be feature only fresh labels and bottles.

BLACKFIRE is my favorite line for my own van. I use CarPro stuff on my wife's Escape because it's coated with CQuartz.

Maybe there'll be more information today.

KirkH
10-31-2017, 10:47 AM
It could be well worth $70, or it might not be as good as a $20 competitor. We have to see some reviews with comparisons to have valid conclusions.

I'm excited by the new BLACKFIRE line if it's been reformulated to achieve better results. So far I haven't seen any information about reformulation, so the new products may be feature only fresh labels and bottles.

BLACKFIRE is my favorite line for my own van. I use CarPro stuff on my wife's Escape because it's coated with CQuartz.

Maybe there'll be more information today.

I can't imagine an APC being worth $70/gallon.

DetailKitty
10-31-2017, 12:01 PM
it's on sale for $65.98 now... bargain!!!!!

Nix
10-31-2017, 12:43 PM
complete rip off..pass on this one..this is the reason why I stay away from most of the house brand products they have..other products in the market can do the same thing at lower price point..

Rsurfer
10-31-2017, 02:00 PM
complete rip off..pass on this one..this is the reason why I stay away from most of the house brand products they have..other products in the market can do the same thing at lower price point..

You know my Mother use to say, "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything".:ban:

ducksfan
10-31-2017, 02:10 PM
My Mom said tell the truth.

So, I'll go with both Mom's and say it depends on the product. I buy Gtechnique's Universal Cleaner at about twice that price per ounce. Best cleaner I've ever used and I only use it at 50:1 on plastic.

PouncingPanzer
10-31-2017, 02:23 PM
You know my Mother use to say, "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything".:ban:

I agree with him, I cannot imagine it working $70 good, especially since $28 good seems good enough. I have gotten FLAK on here before for talking down product sold on here, or mentioning my positive experiences with other products that aren't. People always say "oh, well that's not sold here so you can't mention it."

I'm sorry, I thought this was a detailing forum, my bad.

If someone wants to spend $70 on that stuff, be my guest. At that dilution ratio though I can't see it working out for anyone, especially a business.

RippyD
10-31-2017, 02:28 PM
This is an outrage! I can't believe anybody would dare to... oh, wait a sec... I forgot that I could just not choose to buy it. Never mind.

Heisenberg
10-31-2017, 03:17 PM
I agree with him, I cannot imagine it working $70 good, especially since $28 good seems good enough. I have gotten FLAK on here before for talking down product sold on here, or mentioning my positive experiences with other products that aren't. People always say "oh, well that's not sold here so you can't mention it."

I'm sorry, I thought this was a detailing forum, my bad.

People say that because it's literally against the forum rules to promote other products. They're not just trying to rain on your parade or fanboying. This is an Autogeek-sponsored forum so you choose to abide by those rules when you sign up. It's nothing personal. Here is rule numero uno on the forum:

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.

Links, videos or recommendations to competing products and companies that are not available through Autogeek.com will be moved to the Moderators forum and offenders will be warned or simply placed into the SELF-BANNED category of member groups on this forum.

Finick
10-31-2017, 03:24 PM
People say that because it's literally against the forum rules to promote other products. They're not just trying to rain on your parade or fanboying. This is an Autogeek-sponsored forum so you choose to abide by those rules when you sign up. It's nothing personal. Here is rule numero uno on the forum:

Not to mention autogeek carries a pretty dang huge variety of products, almost anything I've ever decided to get was available from here.

evo77
10-31-2017, 03:35 PM
I get the rules but MY goodness...why can't anyone choose to express an opinion (even if it may be ~perceived~ as negative) without fear of being silenced by the Forum Police Troopers?