PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke? BF Pro APC is $70/gallon?!?!?!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Finick
11-01-2017, 01:09 AM
The sale price for 1 gallon of Blackfire APC is $54.99 with a retail price of $64.99. The prices you are referring too are for the combo of 1 gal. of APC and the 36oz. Detail bottle. I just wanted to clarify the actual price of 1 gallon of APC which is still completely unreasonable especially for an APC that is recommended to be used undiluted for exterior cleaning/degreasing.

The varying prices on all the products in a very similar category on this website are part of the reason I am so hesitant about ever buying anything.

I mean I've seen several people shy away at the idea of using optimum power clean as their primary APC because it's 36 dollars a gallon while something like megs d101 is around 20, and here comes blackfire with one priced at 65, and it just leaves me to wonder what could really be in this to justify 3x the cost of megs, or 2x the cost of optimums.

I'm all about investing into products that work well, but like everything else in life at a certain point I just feel like I'm paying more for something just because they want me to.

But to be honest, there's people who pay absurd prices for exotic waxes, and I can't even begin to understand how that's even worth it, so I'm sure people will buy this.

Eldorado2k
11-01-2017, 01:45 AM
The varying prices on all the products in a very similar category on this website are part of the reason I am so hesitant about ever buying anything.

I mean I've seen several people shy away at the idea of using optimum power clean as their primary APC because it's 36 dollars a gallon while something like megs d101 is around 20, and here comes blackfire with one priced at 65, and it just leaves me to wonder what could really be in this to justify 3x the cost of megs, or 2x the cost of optimums.

I'm all about investing into products that work well, but like everything else in life at a certain point I just feel like I'm paying more for something just because they want me to.

But to be honest, there's people who pay absurd prices for exotic waxes, and I can't even begin to understand how that's even worth it, so I'm sure people will buy this.

So we've officially reached the point where APC and exotic wax is being discussed in the same conversation... Just think about that for a second. We're talking about All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate here. Lol.

Finick
11-01-2017, 02:51 AM
So we've officially reached the point where APC and exotic wax is being discussed in the same conversation... Just think about that for a second. We're talking about All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate here. Lol.

This would be like traveling back in time to the 1950's and showing the engineers and designers at Cadillac an SRX, or a SCK, or whatever that cheap miniature "CUV" lame excuse for a modern day Cadillac is called, and telling them that's what a Cadillac's going to look like in 2017. They'd probably want to vomit. Lol.

That last part was just an example to illustrate the point. I could've used any other product to do the same. I just chose something I thought was as absurd as an apc costing 2-3x what other (reputable) offerings cost, placing them in the superfluous category together.

I'm sure people will buy it, and I'm sure people will love it. I just can't help but be skeptical and objective.

KirkH
11-01-2017, 03:56 PM
How does that marketing meeting go?

Marketing Guy: "Some of those message board guys will buy anything. I bet if we put $65 on a gallon of APC and called it New! and Pro!, they'd buy it!"

Other Marketing Guy: "Hahahaha, let's try it!"

vobro
11-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Marketing Guy: "Some of those message board guys will buy anything. I bet if we put $65 on a gallon of APC and called it New! and Pro!, they'd buy it!"

Other Marketing Guy: "Hahahaha, let's try it!"

Must be imports from the west coast, they love their adjectives

FUNX650
11-01-2017, 07:17 PM

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/4E2F5A50-6687-4BDB-B52A-3FC20D126529.jpeg

Marketing Guy:
“Some of those message board guys
will buy anything. I bet if we put $65
on a gallon of APC and called it New!
and Pro!, they'd buy it!"

Other Marketing Guy:
"Hahahaha, let's try it!"

Bob

fightnews
11-02-2017, 05:33 AM
You know my Mother use to say, "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything".:ban:

My mom always said never tow the line for the man... just kidding but forums are always better when people are allowed to give their honest opinions. Have you ever been on a forum where they delete anything negative about their products and then ban whoever said it? It's brutal u don't want that

Rsurfer
11-02-2017, 03:23 PM
My mom always said never tow the line for the man... just kidding but forums are always better when people are allowed to give their honest opinions. Have you ever been on a forum where they delete anything negative about their products and then ban whoever said it? It's brutal u don't want that

That's why Bob M. bought Autopia.

dcjredline
11-02-2017, 05:24 PM
So they make up a forum and spend hundreds if not thousands a year servicing and maintaining it, post rules for you to follow and agree to when you choose to use it and YOU still think they should allow you to say and do whatever you want? Lol. Someone's mommy shoulda let go a little more. Your mommy doesn't own this place and here in the real world you have to A. Do what you are supposed to or B. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and make your own forum with no rules. Why don't you do that? I know, cause no one would go there, we are all here, you really don't mean that much to the rest of the world JUST YOUR MOMMY.

KirkH
11-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Nobody has broken any rules on this thread. Obviously because no moderators have been involved. Nobody is bashing the company or the product. We are just saying that the price is outside of the norm for all purpose cleaners.

theamcguy
11-02-2017, 07:22 PM
WTH?

Seriously, a gallon of APC that is recommended dilution of 4:1, for $70?

Megs is $20/gallon
McKees is $30
Optimum is $40
Blackfire AIO APC is $40.

This feels like outright gouging!
Have you tried it? Maybe it works as advertised and worth it. We'll just have to wait for the reviews before we can then offer an opinion.

Rsurfer
11-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Nobody has broken any rules on this thread. Obviously because no moderators have been involved. Nobody is bashing the company or the product. We are just saying that the price is outside of the norm for all purpose cleaners.

This sounds like you are bashing the product because of the price point. "Is this a joke? BF Pro APC is $70/gallon?!?!?! " Saying it's a joke versus saying that the price is outside of the norm, is not the same.

Mad Wax
11-02-2017, 09:40 PM
The reason it's marked up so high is most likely because nobody is going to buy it until there's a 15% or 20% off sale on Autogeek. Who in here buys when there's no sale? I never do...as a matter of fact, I buy Optimums Carpet Cleaner and Protectant all the time, and that's like $60 a gallon...but I ONLY buy it when there's a 20% off sale. So I pay around $48 and dilute 3-1. So I get 4 gallons which would make it $12 per gallon. Not all that bad considering a gallon of Folex is like $15. Optimums carpet cleaner is the best one I've used, and for me, it's worth the cost.

vobro
11-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Have you tried it? Maybe it works as advertised and worth it. We'll just have to wait for the reviews before we can then offer an opinion.

Looks like we have a volunteer!

vobro
11-02-2017, 09:42 PM
The reason it's marked up so high is most likely because nobody is going to buy it until there's a 15% or 20% off sale on Autogeek. Who in here buys when there's no sale? I never do...as a matter of fact, I buy Optimums Carpet Cleaner and Protectant all the time, and that's like $60 a gallon...but I ONLY buy it when there's a 20% off sale. So I pay around $48 and dilute 3-1. So I get 4 gallons which would make it $12 per gallon. Not all that bad considering a gallon of Folex is like $15. Optimums carpet cleaner is the best one I've used, and for me, it's worth the cost.
Wouldn't that math also work on the other APC's that are half the cost?