PDA

View Full Version : Megs D110 Hyper Wash

Pages : [1] 2

LSNAutoDetailing
10-30-2017, 08:32 PM
I got asked a question today via PM, so I thought I'd post the Q and the answer so everyone could partake.

The first question was.
Is HW D110 safe?
Yes, although it's not mentioned on the product description:
https://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-hyper-wash.html

I just read a post asking people if they liked HW because I'm thinking of getting some and unfortunately I'm in the sun alot.

I live in AZ, where everyday, we're just walking on sunshine! Typically I don't have the option of washing in the shade... Sun safe meaning, I have no issues using it in direct sunlight and after my rinse, I see no residue of soap on the vehicle. With that is as disclaimer: I WOULD NOT wash my vehicle in direct sun during the summer months when temps reach 110-120 degrees outside. That's just plain silly... Most of the time my wash is somewhere between 8:30am and 9:am where the sun has already come over me East / West facing house.

Most of this R8 was washed in the sun until we got in the shop for the rest of the detail. As you can see here, the sun has already come around on the north west side of the vehicle:
https://cache.nebula.phx3.secureserver.net/obj/NDMyMDBENDRBMDdEQzFGODRDQUY6ODhhMGYyYjZjNGNjNjY0M2 EyNTcwZjY3MjY5ZmI3OWM=?uid=2677325b-f2a0-41ec-aacc-90db78306f30

Same here on this 911, the sun is hitting the vehicle

https://cache.nebula.phx3.secureserver.net/obj/NDMyMDBENDRBMDdEQzFGODRDQUY6ZWNkZGRhODM4ODQ4NmY0Yj RkMzM1Njk4ODIzZTk4ZTk=?uid=aed27e47-9ba4-44f9-85a9-6176c1ec1544

And here on this Maxima, the sun is hitting the South West side of the car

https://cache.nebula.phx3.secureserver.net/obj/NDMyMDBENDRBMDdEQzFGODRDQUY6ZDU4NmE2MmRmYzdmMjNmZW FiY2JmODg5ZGM5ZDc1YzA=?uid=de57f7dd-f464-4562-9181-d5cc993b0b00

My own vehicle was washed yesterday in direct sunlight at 12:30 pm, mid-day and it was 91 degrees out.

The key to this working in sunlight is having the right water. This is a Deionized / Demineralized Water Tank to process our water to offer a spotless wash.
I can wash directly in sunlight and literally have no spots.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3521/medium/IMG_17911.JPG

While the bottle and marketing does not specifically state that Megs D110 is "sun-safe" I can attest that in AZ sun, I have no issues.
Ideally my washes are before the strength of the sun hitting... During summer months, I wouldn't dare doing a car in direct sunlight when it's 107-119 degrees outside... Not just for the sake of the car but of me as well. :)

Overall, I love Megs D110 and use it in the foam gun, bucket etc.. It is very smooth, has a nice scent and really gets the job done. And at 400:1 @ $25.00 per gallon, you can't go wrong!

I have ordered some CarPro reset to see the difference on coated vehicles, but I think D110 is pretty amazing for the value.

PouncingPanzer
10-31-2017, 05:24 AM
So far, it's one of the most economical, and safe, shampoos I've ever purchased or used. I recommend it often, even to those who aren't enthusiasts really.

PA DETAILER
10-31-2017, 06:59 AM
My go to soap.

Paul A.
10-31-2017, 08:36 AM
I use it all the time and love it in my foam gun!

Hammer77
10-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Megs D110 is my go to as well, I bucket wash 95% of the time. Awesome in the foam cannon, stellar in the bucket. It was my #1 for over two years, a couple weeks ago I tried Reset and I have a new #1. I will continue to use D110 regularly.

Paul, your going to love Reset on your coated cars!

Paul A.
10-31-2017, 10:29 AM
I may have to try Reset. From a business cost perspective it's tough to justify 94 cents an ounce (Reset) to about 22 cents an ounce (Megs D110). I go through a ton of car soap.

I will say though that I now have a number of customers coated vs. sealed and I will try Reset to see the difference.

PouncingPanzer
10-31-2017, 11:37 AM
Megs D110 is my go to as well, I bucket wash 95% of the time. Awesome in the foam cannon, stellar in the bucket. It was my #1 for over two years, a couple weeks ago I tried Reset and I have a new #1. I will continue to use D110 regularly.

Paul, your going to love Reset on your coated cars!

Reset is right up there with my Incredipad and grit guard backing plate for must-haves. Reset is pricey, but as with anything fro CP, it's worth every single cent and good to the last ounce. There was just a Reset sale on another website yesterday, if I didn't already have 3L I would've grabbed 3 more ha.+

Also, Reset can happily be used on uncoated cars also. I don't like using shampoos that leave anything behind regardless of the protection system.

gr0uch
09-29-2018, 10:57 PM
How does hyper wash compare to citrus Blast wash and wax in the foam cannon? Just got a bottle of the d113 but still want to order some hyper wash haha.

The Guz
09-29-2018, 11:37 PM
How does hyper wash compare to citrus Blast wash and wax in the foam cannon? Just got a bottle of the d113 but still want to order some hyper wash haha.

Hyper Wash has no wax in it.

UncleDavy
09-30-2018, 07:30 AM
After reading many of the favorable posts and reviews of people I respect (Eldo, Paulie, LSN, Hammer et al), I also jumped on the Hyperwash bandwagon. Only 1 oz of soap per three gallons of water provides lots of slippery suds. The person who PM'd you asked if it was safe and the answer is yes. The MSDS states that it has a pH rating of 9-9.8 in concentrate. At a dilution ratio of 1 oz per 3 gallons of water, the pH level comes down to 7.2. That is definitely a pH neutral soap that will not strip any wax or coating.

Don M
09-30-2018, 09:41 AM
Ever since I bought my gallon of Hyper Wash, I've loved it and have had no streaking issues, even when a panel "dries" before I can rinse it.

I always try to wash in the shade and am usually successful. I know it's going to be a long time before I try something else (even if I ever get my car coated), and that's not just because at 1 oz per wash, this gallon is going to last a LONG time.

Coopers ST
09-30-2018, 04:19 PM
I have a brand new gallon ready to go.

gr0uch
10-01-2018, 12:03 AM
What kind of ratio are you guys using in a foam cannon? I tried the citrus blast and it’s not as foamy as say chemical guys soap, however I love it way more!

VISITOR
10-01-2018, 12:23 AM
What kind of ratio are you guys using in a foam cannon? I tried the citrus blast and it’s not as foamy as say chemical guys soap, however I love it way more!

around 1-3 ounces but no more than that. i would play around with the dilution and see what works the best for you and your set-up...

JMak97008
10-01-2018, 12:46 AM
$33/gallon these days...wow.

I want to buy it, but I walso want tons of thick suds and am not sure if this it. I currently use CG's Honeydew which foams well, but it goes fast.