PDA

View Full Version : Wax and Sealant Longevity Chart?

VETLAG72
10-30-2017, 05:06 PM
Does anybody know of any charts or spreadsheets that list typical longevity of various waxes and sealants?

I do realize that many factors will affect how long they last, but it would give a general guideline of what to typically expect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

robmick33
10-30-2017, 05:36 PM
Does anybody know of any charts or spreadsheets that list typical longevity of various waxes and sealants?

I do realize that many factors will affect how long they last, but it would give a general guideline of what to typically expect.

I'm actually working on something like that right now. I have the info from the manufacturer if they have it posted in the description or on their own website.im also trying to read reviews and see what the average is.Like you said it is subjective to a lot of variables but at least a base line would be nice to have."x will last 3 months in average conditions and normal washes". I currently have it broke down into AIO,Sealants and Synthetic waxes,Normal Waxes,Spray waxes and spray sealants.

VETLAG72
10-30-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm actually working on something like that right now. I have the info from the manufacturer if they have it posted in the description or on their own website.im also trying to read reviews and see what the average is.Like you said it is subjective to a lot of variables but at least a base line would be nice to have."x will last 3 months in average conditions and normal washes". I currently have it broke down into AIO,Sealants and Synthetic waxes,Normal Waxes,Spray waxes and spray sealants.That is awesome, I can't wait to see it! [emoji106]

robmick33
10-30-2017, 05:57 PM
If anyone has experience with a specific wax's longevity please post it up.

FUNX650
10-30-2017, 06:54 PM
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/21132-sealant-wax-comparison-chart.html

So...
The last guy to post has to do the job?

Uh oh....

Bob

robmick33
10-30-2017, 07:39 PM
mods do a merge maybe?

VETLAG72
10-30-2017, 08:03 PM
mods do a merge maybe?The other thread is from 2009

FUNX650
10-30-2017, 08:17 PM
The other thread is from 2009

And eight years later?
Still no Wax/Sealant “longevity chart”
in sight...

Bob

BudgetPlan1
10-31-2017, 08:52 AM
I'd think you may be able to get a general idea but too many variables to provide a true picture.

Daily driver or fair weather only hobby car?
Winter or arid climate?
Use of quick detailers or spray waxes routinely?
Garage kept or sits outside?
Mileage vs. time?

Could take mfg claims of longevity but id gather most of those are 'determined' under ideal conditions.

feslope
10-31-2017, 10:14 AM
An actual test was done about 9 years ago on a well known British Detailing site. You can search it at "Biggest wax test ever" A detailer there actually collected around 50 samples of actual products and applied them to a semi trailer. The test went on for at least a year and most of the products went to failure. I don't think any coatings were included.

While the test is still there, the pictures are not, hosting expired.

VETLAG72
11-02-2017, 07:36 PM
An actual test was done about 9 years ago on a well known British Detailing site. You can search it at "Biggest wax test ever" A detailer there actually collected around 50 samples of actual products and applied them to a semi trailer. The test went on for at least a year and most of the products went to failure. I don't think any coatings were included.

While the test is still there, the pictures are not, hosting expired.Thank you, I'll Google that [emoji106]

VETLAG72
11-02-2017, 08:47 PM

While the test is still there, the pictures are not, hosting expired.Excellent read, thank you!! I have some 915 in the basement that I haven't tried yet, it made the final cut [emoji106]

feslope
11-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Excellent read, thank you!! I have some 915 in the basement that I haven't tried yet, it made the final cut [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkMy pleasure, glad you enjoyed it.