PDA

View Full Version : Leather Masters

TUDM
10-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Has anyone used leather masters cleaners on their automotive leather? Is it safe on red leather?

Bruno Soares
10-29-2017, 06:05 PM
I’ve used it on black and grey so I can’t say how well it works on red leather. Good product though, does not make leather shiny or slippery. Removed some (but not all) jeans dye transfer on grey leather.

FUNX650
10-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Has anyone used leather masters cleaners
on their automotive leather?

Yep...Theirs is all I ever use on my
vehicles’ leather appointments.

Is it safe on red leather?

What type of leather are you talking about?
{and just to clarify: “red” is not a type :) }

Bob

TUDM
10-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Yep...Theirs is all I ever use on my
vehicles’ leather appointments.

What type of leather are you talking about?
{and just to clarify: “red” is not a type :) }

Bob
Its BMW coral red dakota leather.

Belair
10-29-2017, 07:05 PM
I use it mainly on my steering wheel, never had a problem.

FUNX650
10-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Its BMW coral red dakota leather.
Thanks. That makes it a Protected/(Coated)
type of leather...where Clean and Protect
is the standard-bearer.

Now, since being armed with that information,
I’ll suggest the following kit:

https://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html

Bob

zero4
10-29-2017, 08:43 PM
I use their strong cleaner and their protectant. Been very pleased. I believe their cleaner is quite mild.

spewking
10-29-2017, 08:51 PM
I like their products best of any I’ve used.

TUDM
10-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Thanks. That makes it a Protected/(Coated)
type of leather...where Clean and Protect
is the standard-bearer.

Now, since being armed with that information,
I’ll suggest the following kit:

https://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html

Bob

Thank you Bob.

TUDM
10-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Is there a difference between their orange label cleaner and white label automotive cleaner bottle? Does anyone use the leather cleaners to clean delicate looking plastics and vinyl interior trim pieces?

Dustin Cropsboy
02-07-2018, 01:01 PM
I, too, have red leather, and I assume it's coated (2018 Camry XSE with "Copckpit Red" seats). The finish is a satiny matte, that I would very much like to preserve, and for a red, it is a very LIGHT red. (It's also perforated, if that makes a difference.)

I'm also looking for the best protection product.

Why does the color-transfer-prevention product "Leather Master Barrier" say it is ONLY for use on light-colored surfaces? Will it harm darker colored surfaces? (Are LM Protection Cream, LM Ink Stop, and LM Barrier all the same product just marketed differently or are they significantly different formulations?) My local dealer says this particular leather really receives a LOT of dye transfer-- so even though the red is "darker" than the light color leathers upon which LM Barrier users are instructed to only use the "Barrier" product, the red interior is "light" enough to (allegedly) have problems with dye-transfer.

I'm looking for long-lasting products that will maintain that nice matte finish (i.e., NOT make it look like greasy vinyl or something) -- but WILL help prevent the staining, marking, oil discoloration, food marking, abrasion, UV protection, and color transferring that the dealer has apparently had so many complaints about.

[If all of these protections are not available in a single product, I don't have a problem with putting on multiple layers, (just-- if they need to go on in a particular order to be effective, I'd cherish that advice, too).]

Taking into account the fact that I seek a product that will not damage the finish or remove the color of the leather, will preserve a nice matte look and not leave a high-gloss sheen, but will-- first and foremost, help the seats be easier to clean after being subjected to skin oils, clothing dyes, pencils, food, ink marks, and other stains... How would you rank the effectiveness of each of the following products... in your own experience?

- Your favorite protectant that I have not discovered yet.

- LTT "Auto LeatherGuard"

- Leather Masters' "Leather Protection Creme"

- Leather Masters' "Leather Barrier"

- Leather Masters' "Ink Stop"

- Gtechniq "Leather Guard L1"

- Chemical Guys "Serum"

- Does Lexol make a "Protectant?"

- Gold Eagle "303 Aerospace "Protectant"

- Guardsman "Protect and Preserve"

- Meguiar's Leather Sealer

Would any of the above remove the color?
Would any of the above leave the surface shiny?
Would any of the above not protect as well as the others?

Would any of the above last longer than the others?
Would any of the above smell worse than the others?
Would any of the above have advantages over the others?

Can any of the above be used in layers over each other for any benefits?