PDA

View Full Version : Concours Metal Sealant

UncleDavy
10-29-2017, 01:58 PM
I am a big fan of the Wolfgang products and I recently tried the Concours Metal Sealant on my coated aluminum wheels. I am not sure that I allowed enough time for the product to dry properly before I buffed it off of the wheels. Does anyone know what the proper drying time is? The directions on the label only says, "allow sealant to dry completely".

Rsurfer
10-29-2017, 07:25 PM
I am a big fan of the Wolfgang products and I recently tried the Concours Metal Sealant on my coated aluminum wheels. I am not sure that I allowed enough time for the product to dry properly before I buffed it off of the wheels. Does anyone know what the proper drying time is? The directions on the label only says, "allow sealant to dry completely".

That would mean at least a finger swipe.

Eldorado2k
10-29-2017, 07:34 PM
I have no experience with the product, 1st time I've ever heard of it, but if it's a metal sealant, wouldn't it be for bare un coated metals only?

UncleDavy
10-29-2017, 08:33 PM
I have no experience with the product, 1st time I've ever heard of it, but if it's a metal sealant, wouldn't it be for bare un coated metals only?

It claims to be safe for all types of metal surfaces. Here is the claim from their advertisement.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant is the ultimate high gloss, all metal sealant. The water-based, acrylic formula is completely safe and nonabrasive on all types of metal: clear coated, painted, anodized, polished, and bare metals. The finish is crystal clear – never cloudy – on wheels, diamond plate, bumpers, trim, trailers, and much more. Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant locks in the shine you’ve created with Wolfgang MetallWerk metal polishes.

Rsurfer
10-29-2017, 08:39 PM
It claims to be safe for all types of metal surfaces. Here is the claim from their advertisement.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant is the ultimate high gloss, all metal sealant. The water-based, acrylic formula is completely safe and nonabrasive on all types of metal: clear coated, painted, anodized, polished, and bare metals. The finish is crystal clear – never cloudy – on wheels, diamond plate, bumpers, trim, trailers, and much more. Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant locks in the shine you’ve created with Wolfgang MetallWerk metal polishes.

Probably comparable to Blackfire Metal Sealant.

Crispy
10-31-2017, 08:24 PM
Have used lots.
Let dry 15 minutes wipe off.
Takes 3 to 4 hours to "cure" but who knows.

UncleDavy
11-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Have used lots.
Let dry 15 minutes wipe off.
Takes 3 to 4 hours to "cure" but who knows.

Thanks Crispy. I don't think I waited quite that long. I will try it again. I sent an email to Wolfgang directly but I did not receive a response yet.