PDA

View Full Version : Dye Transfer prevention

frag2
10-29-2017, 12:50 PM
I tend to wear raw denim which is probably a bad idea for someone that cares about the leather in their car. Anyway, it has a tendency to transfer dye and I'm wondering how good are products like Gyeon Leather coat or Chemical Guy's Leather serum in preventing it. I know Carpro Leather and Gyeon Leather shield are coatings but they are kind of out of my budget even if they last longer.

I also heard that you shouldn't apply any protectant on top of leather that has conditioner applied. Is that true?

Rsurfer
10-29-2017, 02:05 PM
I tend to wear raw denim which is probably a bad idea for someone that cares about the leather in their car. Anyway, it has a tendency to transfer dye and I'm wondering how good are products like Gyeon Leather coat or Chemical Guy's Leather serum in preventing it. I know Carpro Leather and Gyeon Leather shield are coatings but they are kind of out of my budget even if they last longer.You get want you pay for.

I also heard that you shouldn't apply any protectant on top of leather that has conditioner applied. Is that true?It's like putting a sealant/coating over a waxed surface. Clean before applying any protectant or coating.

FUNX650
10-29-2017, 02:15 PM
IMO:
This product is more than reasonably
priced for the protection it provides:

https://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-ink-stop.html

Bob

The Guz
10-29-2017, 03:27 PM
I have a review on this. If you are within the lower 48 states I will gladly send it to you to try out and see if it works for you. I would recommend to clean the leather prior to applying.

Review - Chemical Guys Leather Protectant Serum (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/109026-review-chemical-guys-leather-protectant-serum.html)

Belair
10-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Besides cleaning and protecting the leather, you might consider putting a thin cotton cloth across the seat bottom to act as a barrier between your denim & the leather.