PDA

View Full Version : Blk fire crystal seal application with suede coating block?

fightnews
10-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Anyone think it would be a good idea to apply blackfire crystal seal with a coating block wrapped in suede cloth?

TroyScherer
10-28-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work if you like that kind of applicator. Personally I use a MF block.

fightnews
10-28-2017, 01:55 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work if you like that kind of applicator. Personally I use a MF block.

Well I have all these nice suede towels and applicator cloths and since Im not doing a coating for a while Im just trying to think of ways to use them. I tried doing a finial buff of pa famous with them but I didnt like it. I thought maybe the crystal seal might be good to spread with them though

TroyScherer
10-28-2017, 03:48 PM
Well I have all these nice suede towels and applicator cloths and since Im not doing a coating for a while Im just trying to think of ways to use them.

If you use those for Crystal Seal I would not use them for anything else, especially a coating install.

I personally only like these for coating application not removal.

Rsurfer
10-29-2017, 02:25 PM
If you use those for Crystal Seal I would not use them for anything else, especially a coating install.

I personally only like these for coating application not removal.

Do you feel it being too grabby? What are you using? Have you tried Car Pro's 16X16 orange mf for coating removal?

TroyScherer
10-29-2017, 03:36 PM
Do you feel it being too grabby? What are you using? Have you tried Car Pro's 16X16 orange mf for coating removal?

The is just something about them I don't care for. While they work well for coating application they seem to load up to quickly and start just smear the product around.

I have used some towels simlar to those. I have some older PakShack "Ultra Smooth" and "Silver Surfer" polish removal towels that work great. I also really like the BOA towels with proper technique.

Eddie 70
10-29-2017, 04:25 PM
To use this product, should the car be clayed and have the swirls removed, washed and then apply this product?

The Guz
10-29-2017, 04:58 PM
To use this product, should the car be clayed and have the swirls removed, washed and then apply this product?

It’s a sealant and not a coating. So it’s up to the user on how to prep the paint. It will last longer with the paint prepped.

Rsurfer
10-29-2017, 04:59 PM

Be sure to remove the polishing oils before LSP.