PDA

View Full Version : Clay lubricant with cleaner properties

Pages : [1] 2

AKT
10-28-2017, 03:33 AM
Hello folks - yes, i am lazy. But i like to keep my daily driver as clean as possible. I am exploring and learning about cleaner waxes (or AIOs) right now. But i thought, is there a “cleaner clay lube”? This way, cleaning and decontamination is conjoined into a single step.

I hope there is this miracle product out there.

Thanks!

SWETM
10-28-2017, 05:45 AM
Britemax has a iron removal that you can use with their clay.

https://www.autogeek.net/britemax-decon-kit.html

Mantilgh
10-28-2017, 07:30 AM
I think another member used IronX Snow Foam.

Several use traditional wash soap or waterless/rinseless products that are also "cleaners" like McKees N-914.

You could probably add some APC to your wash mix and use that but I don't recall anyone mentioning that. I don't think it would cause any problems so long as you rinse well and are not working in the sun.

KirkH
10-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Hello folks - yes, i am lazy. But i like to keep my daily driver as clean as possible. I am exploring and learning about cleaner waxes (or AIOs) right now. But i thought, is there a “cleaner clay lube”? This way, cleaning and decontamination is conjoined into a single step.

Thanks!

Well you could get a synthetic clay product (mitt, bar, pads, etc) and use it while you have car wash shampoo on the car to combine washing and claying.

You could also use a no rinse product as your clay lube and that would have some cleaning properties.

LEDetailing
10-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Meguiar’s wash plus might be worth a try with a clay mitt. Forgot to mention you would have to add water to the wash plus to create a soapy solution.

AKT
10-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Thank you for all the replies!

Actually, i was thinking of the “deep cleaning” properties of a polish/cleaner wax. So instead of claying then polishing then waxing, i can combine claying and polishing, then just topping with wax. Do i make sense? :)

AKT
10-28-2017, 03:50 PM
The meguiars wash plus has some deep cleaning properties... that could be a good candidate...

KirkH
10-28-2017, 06:31 PM
I think what you really need to do is the baggie test before you use the cleaner wax. if it feels rough, clay it. if not, go ahead with the cleaner wax.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

AKT
10-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Noted.

I was just actually wondering if there is a hidden product out there that doubles as clay lube and “cleaner wax”.

I just read Mike Phillips’ guide and he told me that claying removes above surface contaminants while AIOs (cleaner waxes) remove embedded contaminants. So i thought, could there be an AIO that can double as clay lube.

briarpatch
10-28-2017, 07:34 PM
DoDo juice makes a clay lube that also removes iron...Ferro Lube...works really well

FUNX650
10-28-2017, 07:36 PM
But i thought, is there a
“cleaner clay lube”?

This way, cleaning and decontamination
is conjoined into a single step.

Although it may not be deemed
to be markedly miraculous...

Surf City Garage does have a
quite lubricious product called:
”Beyond Clay”

[I’m sure there other Brands that
have a similar product. (I remember
when Turtle Wax used to have one.)]

Bob

AKT
10-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Thanks Briar. So AIOs remove iron particles as well? I was thinking more of the “embedded road grime”

AKT
10-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Thanks Bob! To clarify, i am referring to a clay lube that doubles as cleaner that removes embedded road grime/film (which is very evident in white cars)

ducksfan
10-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Have you tried making your own. I mean spray what you want to use as a lube on the panel. Then put some paint cleaner on a synthetic clay applicator and go to work.
I've never tried it. But, I don't see a lot of risk in the process.

AKT
10-28-2017, 09:38 PM
Have you tried making your own. I mean spray what you want to use as a lube on the panel. Then put some paint cleaner on a synthetic clay applicator and go to work.
I've never tried it. But, I don't see a lot of risk in the process.

Sounds good! I think i can try this sometime... thanks!!!