PDA

View Full Version : Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is amazing....seriously

jmeyers278
10-24-2017, 10:07 PM
Hey all, just wanted to pop in and share my success with DGLS. It just flat works. Some of you may have read about the issues I have had with my navigator and a "professional" 3 stage buff and ceramic coating install. So between yesterday and today, I got all of the high spots buffed off with some Menz 3500 and an orange correcting pad and my new 3" GG DA polisher. I know it probably took most or all of the ceramic coating off on the areas I had to buff but I didn't have a choice. I couldn't life with the high spots. So I buffed, 15% IPA wiped the whole truck and installed the dgls. So to clarify, I used the DGLS on ceramic coated and non ceramic coated areas of the navi, the door jambs, power steps, chrome rails, windows, etc. Like Frank's Red Hot, I put that shi* on everything! I was a professional detailer a million years ago when the megs pink stuff and a wooly on a rotary were the norm. Has technology really come that far? This stuff is amazing! Slick as all get out and after doing the whole rig, and pulling it out in the sun, I only had to wipe a dozen or so little spots where I used too much of the sealant. The finish is much slicker on the ceramic coated areas and the gloss is amazing! I know the stuff on top of the ceramic coating might not last as long or might not be as repellant as the coating, but I am really happy with the results.

ONE QUESTION....what is the difference between the finished results of DGLS and DGPS?

Here are some pics.

01GreyStangGT
10-24-2017, 10:25 PM
I believe the durability of the Liquid Seal to be less. The ease of application for the Liquid Seal is amazing, though.

jmeyers278
10-25-2017, 08:47 PM
I believe the durability of the Liquid Seal to be less. The ease of application for the Liquid Seal is amazing, though.

Thanks...kinda what I thought but the LS is SOOOOOO easy. If it lasts 90 days on a garaged daily driver I will be super happy. It spends maybe 3 hours a day outside on average

Patman22
10-26-2017, 06:45 AM
After trying out Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish and loving it, I'm sold on the whole WOWA movement! I'll never go back to a regular sealant again, these products are so easy to use and so much faster. It now has me wanting to try other similar products, and now DGLS is definitely on my radar!