PDA

View Full Version : 303 Aerospace cleaner on carpets

dsms
01-18-2008, 06:54 PM
I bought some Ultima interior shampoo a while back and just used it today on a quickie interior detail with a bmw 330i it seemed pretty good but I dont think it will tackle the really dirty carpets. So I was thinking maybe Folex or 303 Aerospace cleaner instead. I know the 303 cleaner is very very powerful stuff and needs to be diluted to use on carpets. I like the fact that if I bought the aerospace cleaner I could use it on exterior trim as well(as a degreaser) I already have 303 spot remover and need a good overall carpet cleaner. Is the 303 aerospace cleaner a wise choice and what dilution would you use on a mild-heavy stained carpet. Thanks-

Sevenrd
01-18-2008, 07:28 PM
303 cleaner has worked well for me. I usually dilute about 30:1 for general cleaning.

I think a good example of its power is from an i30 I detailed a while back. Initially I started with a 30:1 ratio on the mats, but then gave a few sprays full strength on top of that since they were so dirty. As you can see they cleaned up nicely. No extractor was used. Just wetted them down, sprayed with 303, scrubbed, rinsed, then used a wet vac. They weren't absolutely perfect afterwards, but greatly improved.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/6919-1996-inifiniti-i30.html

mixxer
01-18-2008, 08:27 PM
i use folex

dsms
01-18-2008, 09:43 PM
303 cleaner has worked well for me. I usually dilute about 30:1 for general cleaning.

I think a good example of its power is from an i30 I detailed a while back. Initially I started with a 30:1 ratio on the mats, but then gave a few sprays full strength on top of that since they were so dirty. As you can see they cleaned up nicely. No extractor was used. Just wetted them down, sprayed with 303, scrubbed, rinsed, then used a wet vac. They weren't absolutely perfect afterwards, but greatly improved.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/6919-1996-inifiniti-i30.html

Those carpets came out really nice, especially with no extractor! What vac did you use? BTW do you use 303 cleaner for anything else like the trim? I was thinking about using it on the wheel wells also.

supercharged
01-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Ultima is way overpriced. But since you have it, save it for delicate leather.

I use Meguiar's APC+ (orange) to clean carpet in my cars. 10:1 dillution ratio work well.

Sevenrd
01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Those carpets came out really nice, especially with no extractor! What vac did you use? BTW do you use 303 cleaner for anything else like the trim? I was thinking about using it on the wheel wells also.

I use the Ridgid 14 gallon 6hp vac.

I haven't used the 303 for cleaning trim, but I do use it for wheel wells and engine bays. It's nice that it can be diluted quite a bit and still remain effective.

dsms
01-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I use the Ridgid 14 gallon 6hp vac.

I haven't used the 303 for cleaning trim, but I do use it for wheel wells and engine bays. It's nice that it can be diluted quite a bit and still remain effective.

I have a Vac N Blo now which I used today for the forst time and it worked pretty well but I think I may need to upgrade to a more powerful wet/dry vac instead. I was impressed to see how those carpets came out on that I30 using 303 cleaner and a 6hp vac, no extractor.