PDA

View Full Version : WG Sealant Streaking on small portion of motorhome job, otherwise huge success with WG AIO

Avid
10-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Newbie enthusiast detailer attacked his 32’ Newmar motorhome with WOWZA success using mostly WG AIO . WG AIO is a bear to hand apply on a motorhome and just as difficult to remove but the results speak for themselves. The Mrs. is going to have to buy me a buffer is she wants it to look like this all the time.

On the two front sections, that have roof dirt streaking issues (as do many motorhomes), I used WG Paintwork polish enhancer and WG Paint Sealant in an attempt to provide a longer lasting treatment. I have used this combination on a couple of vehicles with great success. Everything looked fine after I finished up the three day, 15 hour marathon. When I returned a few days later the AIO portion is drop dead gorgeous but the section with Sealant has towel streak marks and is cloudy looking.

After searching the forum archives it sounds like I should try detail spray and see if that removes the streaks but I also wondered about just buffing more as well. If neither of those works I am tempted to use WG AIO on it. I still have a couple of tablespoons remaining in the quart. My concerned is that I may end up in an even bigger train wreck using AIO on a new sealant treatment.

Not sure what went wrong with the sealant curing. The motorhome is in covered, open storage and it has been getting cold and damp at night. It rained 48 hours afterwards but the motorhome didn’t get wet.

Comments or suggestions much appreciated.

jmeyers278
10-23-2017, 04:14 PM
Just because I know others are going to ask, Pics would be awesome. I am also getting ready to do my camper and want to see how the aio finished out.

Avid
10-23-2017, 10:00 PM
Headed out to the motor home tomorrow and will take some pictures. I’ll see if I can get the light to show the reflections it never had before. Also going to try some detail spray on the sealant treated sections to see if I can straighten that out.

ducksfan
10-25-2017, 07:59 AM
My suggestion is use a machine and go to a different product. You don't hear much about WG AIO anymore. From my experience with it, there's good reasons why. It's just too difficult to work with. For me, it was worse with a machine than by hand.

Go with the crowd. HD Speed, McKees 360, D151 or maybe one of the new ones - D166, Black fire that's coming out in a week maybe.

Avid
10-26-2017, 10:14 PM
Okay, I made it back to my motorhome today. Here are a couple of pictures I took trying to show the mirror like quality from the WG AIO. Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, the strange smearing effect from the WG Sealant completely cleared up. I suspect, like I wondered from the start, that the first evening was too damp for proper curing. With a couple of warm days this week it now looks great as well. The two step, WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer and Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 is slicker feeling but I really can't see any difference in the shine. The durability test begins now. I have more photos if that would help.