PDA

View Full Version : Low water volume pressure washers. Quick observations.

LEDetailing
10-20-2017, 03:50 AM
I made an observation that low volume pressure washers may not be adequate for rinsing vehicles. This could be due to the fact I was using a very low quality unit.

At work we have a cheap pressure washer that I would guess is rated at 1-1.5 gpm. I noticed that after washing and rinsing the car was covered in areas with fine dirt. Especially near trim. The car is washed indoors. I believe that with lower volume the pressure washer isn’t flushing away the dirt and debris as effectively as a higher flowing hose sprayer.

With that being said. The pressure washer pre-rinse removed stuck on debris from the rockers and trim that would never have come off with a hose sprayer. Another reason I may have seen the remaining dirt was the pressure washer was getting fine dirt and debris out from places a regular hose could not agitate?

Desertnate
10-20-2017, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't count on a pressure washer removing all the dirt from the surface of a car. That's what hand washing is for. It will get a lot of the loose surface grime off, but not all of it.

I've gone through touchless washes that actually shook my car as the spray heads passed. However when I was done, I could still tell the surface wasn't clean.

SWETM
10-20-2017, 09:17 AM
I agree with you that the high water volume is the more importened than high pressure when you look at pressure washes.