PDA

View Full Version : Review - BF Car Wash

Audios S6
10-19-2017, 07:50 PM
I received this product at no charge from Meghan, and in return, I agreed to provide a review on the forum. I will try to keep this as objective as I can.

Upon opening the container I'm greeted with a mild floral scent. The soap is extremely thick. At a 1oz to 3 gallon dilution it did disperse easily into the water creating a lot of suds and my measuring cup rinsed cleaned without effort. In trying to dilute it at 1:10 in a foam cannon I needed hot water to get it to completely disperse.

As a traditional wash it provided adequate lubricity, did not dry too quick even when working in direct sun at 70F. The suds were very stable, I found some in the gutter 6 hours later. It worked well as a clay lube with the BF clay mitt and a mother's clay bar producing no marring at all. It rinsed easily off the panels and left no residue at all.

Based on the description on the bottle I get the impression that it contains some agent to fortify the protection on the paint, though beading on the paint did not change after rinsing.

Suds in the bucket after adding 2.5 gallons, then adding the soap while filling with the remaining half gallon. This suds up very quick.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=60634&d=1508460142

Results from the foam cannon at a 1:10 dilution. Not the most impressive and ran off a little too fast. Just to note, there is a dedicated foam soap, so this is a bit of an off label use.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=60635&d=1508460152

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=60636&d=1508460161

JHL88
10-19-2017, 08:10 PM
it sounds like it might be a step up from their old formula which I wasn't impressed with at all. Thanks for the review!

Dr Oldz
10-20-2017, 12:37 AM
Nicely done. I like most PBMG soaps but the price keeps me away. Even at BOGO they aren’t worth it IMO.

Eldorado2k
10-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Nicely done. I like most PBMG soaps but the price keeps me away. Even at BOGO they aren’t worth it IMO.

What is your current go to car wash soap?

atgonzales
10-20-2017, 02:53 AM
Nicely done review

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

fightnews
10-20-2017, 04:38 AM
it sounds like it might be a step up from their old formula which I wasn't impressed with at all. Thanks for the review!

really, its 1 of my favorites, I have to get the gallon to make it worthwhile though. The small bottle is way to stingy for the amount you have to use for decent results in a foam gun.

Meghan
10-20-2017, 07:31 AM
It is definitely a step up, we changed this formula up a lot!

really, its 1 of my favorites, I have to get the gallon to make it worthwhile though. The small bottle is way to stingy for the amount you have to use for decent results in a foam gun.
We have a dedicated soap for foam guns now!

Desertnate
10-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the review!

As more of these new product reviews pile in, I'm curious what the product line will look like, post-SEMA.

Agree. The previous one had plenty of the Blackfire polymers in it to make a vehicle look good when the wash was done, but I never found it as slick or cleaning ability on the same level as other competitors.

It is definitely a step up, we changed this formula up a lot!

Good to hear!

Marc08EX
10-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Great review Audios S6! I think the suds look amazing!

Dr Oldz
10-20-2017, 10:30 AM
What is your current go to car wash soap?

I like Optimum.