PDA

View Full Version : GG Pad Washer- Grit Guard extension or not?

SwedishRider
10-18-2017, 07:46 PM
I've been trying to use my GG Pad Washer to clean my 5.5" GG6 pads without making a giant mess, and I've not been able to do so. I was at the point where I was ready to give up on it, but I noticed a few YouTube videos where the user did NOT put the GG extension into the GG insert in the bucket. By leaving the GG insert flat (and not convex), the DA pad spun better and actually washed the pad without a mess.

I tried it, and it worked much, much, better. I could see where a forced rotation machine, or a rotary would be fine with a GG extension in the insert, but a DA polisher needs a flat surface to be able to spin and clean appropriately.

So, question: Am I doing it right? When cleaning pads on a DA polisher, should a flat GG insert without a GG extension be used in a GG Pad Washer? Or am I missing something? It appears the GG extension should be used to help wring out pads after washing, but not for pad cleaning in the bucket with a DA polisher. Is that correct?

SwedishRider
10-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Maybe a better question is to simply ask how do you use your Grit Guard Pad Washer when using it with a DA polisher? With the Grit Guard extension or without?

AllanS
10-26-2017, 09:53 PM
interesting & great point. Similar thoughts, though I hadn't seen the vids. Guess I'm going to search for 'em!

Thanks!

subscribed...

Derrick
11-05-2017, 12:33 AM
Maybe a better question is to simply ask how do you use your Grit Guard Pad Washer when using it with a DA polisher? With the Grit Guard extension or without?

No extension, just flat on the grit guard.