PDA

View Full Version : Wax/polish removal

moeferg
10-11-2017, 07:02 AM
Just wondering what everyone uses for this? Plush microfiber, microfiber bonnet on your buffer? Also after competed is there some type of pad to really buff up the gloss? I have black and have done OK but need to get better....

Mattarbenz
10-11-2017, 07:14 AM
I use a quality microfiber towel by hand, usually a eagle edgeless

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mattarbenz
10-11-2017, 07:22 AM
As far as a pad to enhance gloss, there are jeweling pads you can use with a very fine finish polish, (see jeweling techniques and machine speeds in other posts) or there are plenty of choices of products that give a very nice gloss. After a polish I seal with jescar power loc and have always been very happy with the slick gloss, I have Wolfgang 3.0 sealant to try have heard great reports on it as well. Other guys here really like the Collinite 845 seal I think it has some fillers in it and leaves a great gloss as well. I put my sealant on with a lake country black pad on speed 3 with a flex 3401 and again take it off with a eagle, the jescar is effortless to remove.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paul A.
10-11-2017, 08:35 AM
I use a plush MF by hand. I tried but never liked removing waxes or sealants with my machine and bonnet. Mattarbenz nailed it with final polishing or "jewelling" i.e. using a soft foam pad and a refining or finish polish. That's done before you lay down some wax/sealant/coating. I have never attempted to buff a wax or sealant dry after application.