PDA

View Full Version : New member

Split
10-10-2017, 10:29 PM
I decided it was finally time to say hello to the forum after lurinking for the last few months. I bout a polisher a few years ago to make waxing my car easier. Waxed my car one and never really touched it for years. Recent discovered this forum and it ignited me wanting to detail my cars. Before this forum I watched a how to video that thought I knew what I was doing. Boy was I wrong. Recently cleaned and waxed my daily driver. Happened to be my wife's old car that hasnt been properly cleaned in 6 years! Used a clay bar and felt like I was rubbing against sand paper. Actually did my first test spot after leaning that from you guys. Found what I though would be best for the products I have. I did learn I need some compound and cutting pads as my swirl removal wasn't going to cut it in a few sports. So thanks to this forum I've learned I need a lot more cleaning supplies! Here's a little preview of the daily car. Also thanks again for all the great articles and threads to learn from!

Dan Tran
10-11-2017, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the rage!

Pats300zx
10-11-2017, 07:43 AM
Welcome !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul A.
10-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Welcome Split! You have no doubt found out that you get more familiar with what will work or not by actually doing it. Research here is incredibally valuable but nothing advances your skills more than doing this stuff after researching the proper methods and techniques.

DetailKitty
10-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the obsession!