PDA

View Full Version : PBL Diamond coat V2 installed/reviewed....

fightnews
10-09-2017, 07:10 AM
I applied this paint coating last night. First time using a coating. I thought it was pretty easy to use. I was well prepared. I had different application blocks, butter soft suede application cloths, full size carpro suede cloths, and the new carpro non linting microfiber cloths. All those suede microfiber products are very nice.

The prep went well. I polished and used eraser then used the PBL surface cleansing polish after that. The only thing I don't like is the PBL surface cleansing polish. This is my second bottle. I had to throw the first 1 away. I thought I stored it improperly the first time. It was separating and turning to dust instantly and that dust was swirling the paint.

I gave it another shot this time with a brand new bottle. Better but still dusted. The dust got in all the crevices of the car and caused micro-marring getting it off. It would have been better if I went right to the diamond sealant after using eraser.

The application of the coating went great though. I concentrated on a 1/4 of a panel at a time about 2-3 sprays per 1/4. It spread great with the suede then buffing it off was a breeze with the suede towels. I definitely recommend getting them if you are going to do a coating. It spread and buffed so easy I wish I would have went heavier with the coating. I used at least the recommended amount but towards the last panel I found myself using more.

This diamond coating doesn't cure hard on the towels like Ive heard some others do. I left the 4x4 suede application cloths out over night and they are not hard at all. They still feel butter soft like they weren't even used. I went with this coating because the manufacturer says it can be topped with Carnauba. I plan on topping it with one of the hybrid waxes. It's clearly a different coating then most of the popular ones that cure hard. Even the new McKee's cures hard.

I definitely recommend this coating to anyone thinking about using it. I thinks its the older technology and it doesn't have the Sio2. I really don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing? The coating looks good though. Im hoping its going to keep getting better looking as it cures. I'll have some pictures to post later...

Thanks for reading