PDA

View Full Version : Increased Contamination Rate with CQuartz

osiapstndp
10-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone,

About three or four months ago I put CQuartz on the deck lid of my Scat Pack. The deck lid has two stripes. I applied the coating right up to the more narrow of the two pieces of vinyl. A small strip of painted surface is exposed and did not receive the same protection. The following day I applied Reload to the whole lid.

I notice that the effected panel collects bonded surface contaminates at a rate that is higher than what I consider normal. Today I clayed the deck lid and to my surprise I actually pulled up contamination that I could see with my eyes and feel with my fingers. I clay the paintwork every few months, sometimes more often, and never do I see anything other than a rare stray piece of debris. The roof, which I think is wearing McKee's 37 Hi-Def sealant (maybe something different, but that's the most recent thing I can remember putting on it), showed no debris on the piece of clay.

Here's some exposition. Over the past few months the car sat in my garage probably 90% of the time and was typically driven for small spurts - a total of one or two hours throughout the week and maybe four or five hours on the weekend. The amount varies if I attend car shows, but not by much.

To be thorough, and to ensure that I don't bother folks on this forum with silly inquires, I keep a mental log of the environment in which the car drives and where it parks. I stay out of construction zones at all costs, maintain a wide distance between myself and others on the highway, keep inclement weather driving to a minimum (sometimes things happen), and stay away as far as possible from trees and plant life.

The car is washed between one to three times per week, depending on how much I drive it. Sometimes I slip and don't end up cleaning it until eight or nine days - when that happens I'm about ready to go nuts! Rinseless washing is used most often, but every once and a while I do a traditional wash.

There are a lot of variables, but has anyone else noticed an increased rate of build-up of bonded surface contaminates on paintwork protected by CQuartz? I've used other coatings on my car, and I've installed CQuartz a few times in the past, but I have not noticed this symptom.

Just curious to hear other folks' thoughts.

Thank you.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/3e6424cd2f71674f59582b11178a1f0c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fightnews
10-09-2017, 05:10 AM
Hello everyone,

About three or four months ago I put CQuartz on the deck lid of my Scat Pack. The deck lid has two stripes. I applied the coating right up to the more narrow of the two pieces of vinyl. A small strip of painted surface is exposed and did not receive the same protection. The following day I applied Reload to the whole lid.

I notice that the effected panel collects bonded surface contaminates at a rate that is higher than what I consider normal. Today I clayed the deck lid and to my surprise I actually pulled up contamination that I could see with my eyes and feel with my fingers. I clay the paintwork every few months, sometimes more often, and never do I see anything other than a rare stray piece of debris. The roof, which I think is wearing McKee's 37 Hi-Def sealant (maybe something different, but that's the most recent thing I can remember putting on it), showed no debris on the piece of clay.

Here's some exposition. Over the past few months the car sat in my garage probably 90% of the time and was typically driven for small spurts - a total of one or two hours throughout the week and maybe four or five hours on the weekend. The amount varies if I attend car shows, but not by much.

To be thorough, and to ensure that I don't bother folks on this forum with silly inquires, I keep a mental log of the environment in which the car drives and where it parks. I stay out of construction zones at all costs, maintain a wide distance between myself and others on the highway, keep inclement weather driving to a minimum (sometimes things happen), and stay away as far as possible from trees and plant life.

The car is washed between one to three times per week, depending on how much I drive it. Sometimes I slip and don't end up cleaning it until eight or nine days - when that happens I'm about ready to go nuts! Rinseless washing is used most often, but every once and a while I do a traditional wash.

There are a lot of variables, but has anyone else noticed an increased rate of build-up of bonded surface contaminates on paintwork protected by CQuartz? I've used other coatings on my car, and I've installed CQuartz a few times in the past, but I have not noticed this symptom.

Just curious to hear other folks' thoughts.

Thank you.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/3e6424cd2f71674f59582b11178a1f0c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice picture, I don't know about quartz specifically but Ive read alot about this issue with coatings in general. Theres a guy here who has a picture of all the contamination his car got with Mckees coating on it and ive seen some others. This is one of the reasons I will be topping my PBL Diamond v2 with a wax or hybrid wax.

MattPersman
10-09-2017, 05:33 AM
I can’t say mine is getting contaminated at a higher rate than anything else I’ve tried. I have a problem in my environment with contamination I haven’t found a solution yet lsp wise that is any better than the others for contamination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
10-09-2017, 07:29 AM
I have heard you can wash your car coating with IronX snow foam without damaging the coating. It has a strong degreaser too that should get a lot of contamination off