PDA

View Full Version : White Cotton Terry Towels for Interior work

JCDetails
10-06-2017, 09:19 AM
I read something on here recently where someone said they prefer white, lint free cotton terry towels for interior work and use with a steamer. I don't have a steamer, but I do need white cotton terry towels for this purpose. Where do you guys get yours? There's a million options out there and I don't want to piss money away on junk towels.

Belair
10-06-2017, 10:04 AM
The 20 pack from Costco lint like crazy, even after being washed. Haven't found any that don't.

FUNX650
10-06-2017, 11:08 AM
I like the 100% cotton towels made
in the USA by: 1888 MILLS.

Bob

PaulMys
10-06-2017, 08:44 PM
I like the 100% cotton towels made
in the USA by: 1888 MILLS.

Bob

There are still things made in the USA?? :wow:

Rmd
10-07-2017, 11:29 AM
I prefer cotton towels on leather, MF on everything else. There was a post here many years back IIRC by JudyB from one of the UK leather products companies where she said that cotton is better for leather since MF is harder on leather finishes over time due to the MF grabbing the leather on a micro level. This would imply that MF can actually clean better but at the cost of being harsher over time. If I need to do a deep clean on leather I will use MF but if the leather is kept clean and moisturized with a damp cotton towel regularly, as mine is, I don’t find the need to scrub it with a brush and MF very often.
As for vinyl and plastic surfaces, MF works way better to remove dust, oils from fingers, and the like.

mc2hill
10-10-2017, 09:20 AM
I use them for cleaning carpets and fabric seats. I pick them up the at a warehouse store, and give them run thru a Rinse cycle before the first use.

Sharply Dressed
10-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Home Depot has white terry cloth towel packs of various quantities in both the cleaning and paint supply section. Oddly, depending on which section you get them in, they have different pricing for similar pack sizes. I use them to steam seats and carpets.