PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu video of a detail

Legacykid
10-05-2017, 12:04 PM
I shot this last minute with a friend. It was a good learning experience moving forward. I have to figure out a way to get good shots when im alone, and make sure the camera is far enough back to capture the whole vehicle. Trying to make more videos but in the beginning they take so much time and patience! Shot on an Iphone7 and windows movie maker. All free and pretty easy to learn.

Let me know what you think any tips or pointers bring it on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSIoGnJbeIE

Paul A.
10-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Phenomenal video!!! Well done Legacy. I love your "spin on" product to pad trick.

Legacykid
10-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Phenomenal video!!! Well done Legacy. I love your "spin on" product to pad trick.

Thanks Paul, I saw a video on IG someone did it, so I did it jokingly and it came out pretty funny so I tossed it in!

Paul A.
10-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Other than probably every single thing I've seen Mike P do on video, the only other trick I borrowed one time was seeing a production detailer lay out all his beads of product on the full hood and proceeded to pick them up as he worked the ENTIRE hood. Tried it one time and hated it. Gunked up the pad!

I do like that little spin trick though!

As far as your video, I personally think you went yard on it! You may find some things to refine and tweak it but I couldn't see anything. Well done my friend. One of the things I noticed was that I was watching someone who knows what they're doing...a seasoned pro. From one "seasoned" detailer to another THAT impressed me. Looking forward to more.

Sicoupe
10-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Beautiful job my friend!

Legacykid
10-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Other than probably every single thing I've seen Mike P do on video, the only other trick I borrowed one time was seeing a production detailer lay out all his beads of product on the full hood and proceeded to pick them up as he worked the ENTIRE hood. Tried it one time and hated it. Gunked up the pad!

I do like that little spin trick though!

As far as your video, I personally think you went yard on it! You may find some things to refine and tweak it but I couldn't see anything. Well done my friend. One of the things I noticed was that I was watching someone who knows what they're doing...a seasoned pro. From one "seasoned" detailer to another THAT impressed me. Looking forward to more.

Very kind words, much appreciate it. Haha I have seen that before. I saw a guy in a body shop do similar. He actually never put product on the pad only on the panels!

Beautiful job my friend!

Thank you!

Definitely time consuming for a first go of something like this but was not difficult. I suggest anyone running a part time or full time get into vids!

Calendyr
10-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Very well done.

I think I too will steal that product application tip for the pads ;) Faster and better pad coverage than the 4 spots method or cross method.

Next video you do, try to use a car with bad paint. This vehicle was mint before you touched it, doesn't give the same wow effect as seeing a beater getting a second life from your magic ;)

VISITOR
10-06-2017, 09:33 PM
nice video! is the dog there to make sure you don't drop any microfibers on the ground and/or supervise? :D

p.s. i notice you have a small cart to lay your polishers and other things on. if you plan on getting another one at some point, check this one out (you can take the foam pad off and sit/kneel on it)... "luxor mechanics seat"

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/400x400/190/19046_400x400.jpg

Legacykid
10-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Very well done.

I think I too will steal that product application tip for the pads ;) Faster and better pad coverage than the 4 spots method or cross method.

Next video you do, try to use a car with bad paint. This vehicle was mint before you touched it, doesn't give the same wow effect as seeing a beater getting a second life from your magic ;)

I have in the coming weeks something that should make for a good before and after. Not terrible condition, but the dealership got some nice scratches in her!

nice video! is the dog there to make sure you don't drop any microfibers on the ground and/or supervise? :D

p.s. i notice you have a small cart to lay your polishers and other things on. if you plan on getting another one at some point, check this one out (you can take the foam pad off and sit/kneel on it)... "luxor mechanics seat"

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/400x400/190/19046_400x400.jpg

Shes the shop foreman, rules with an Iron paw!!

That is a pretty bad ass stool, thanks!

Sizzle Chest
10-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Well done! I enjoyed it!

O.C.Detailing
02-02-2018, 06:26 AM
Great job! Loved watching the process. I'll definitely be watching future videos that you put up. Thanks for sharing!