PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Seal Durability?

PDC
10-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Wolfgang Convert. Dumping - trashing my entire cabinet of X-brand products and replacing with Wolfgang equivalent.
Absolutely love the Liquid Seal product. So easy to apply and such sharp, clear reflections. Considering properly corrected paint and wiped down with a pre-wax cleanser or IPA, and then a coat of Liquid Seal directly on the squeaky clean corrected paint, how durable is the Liquid Seal? Is it feasible to use Liquid Seal instead of 3.0 Sealant? Can you 'layer' Liquid Seal with sufficient time between coats to extend durability?

Thank You.

PDC
10-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Well, with 116 views and no replies, I figured it was time for a test. I completed a 2-stage correction using Wolfgang Swirl Remover (Wolfgang Uber Compound on the troublesome spots) followed by Wolfgang Finishing Glaze on the entire car. I then did a thorough wipe down with Menzerna Top Inspection. I then laid a generous coat of Wolfgang Liquid Seal on the entire car and waited a couple hours before leveling the high spots with a Wolfgang MF towel. I will let this coat cure for 24 hours and lay another coat of the Liquid Seal down. Then we'll see how long it lasts...

PDC
10-06-2017, 05:27 PM
PS - Wolfgang Uber Compound and Swirl Remover 3.0 work incredibly well but are SUPER 'dusty.' I used a Lake County Orange pad with the Uber Compound and the Lake County Pink pad with the Swirl Remover. I used Rupes Yellow pads with the Finishing Glaze which was zero-dusting.

Loach
10-06-2017, 07:50 PM
WGDGPS 3.0 will be much more durable than Liquid Seal. I wouldn't use Liquid Seal solo on the paint, it's a great topper for DGPS and a wide variety of other sealants though.

That 3-4 week period I really noticed Liquid Seal diminish compared to DGPS, Crystal Seal had the same performance. Still some of my favorite products.

PDC
10-07-2017, 08:46 AM
The GTS is sort of a garage queen, so probably not the best vehicle to test 'durability.' I typically use Wolfgang rinseless wash which is pretty mild. I also use the WG Spray Sealant as a detailer because it seams to feel slicker under the towel and flash cleaner and clearer than the WG spritz detailer. So maybe for this type of car, the Liquid Seal will provide decent protection. To my eye, it just has ever so slightly sharper clarity and reflections on black paint than the DGPS 3.0.

01GreyStangGT
10-07-2017, 09:37 AM
I too use the Liquid Seal to top the WGDGS.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline