PDA

View Full Version : I'm slow

DogRescuer
10-04-2017, 06:37 AM
Sorry if this issue was resolved and I missed it but, WHY can't we like posts anymore?

Also can someone educate me- How do I search for a specific member, for example Meghan or Eldorado or whoever?

Thanks Steve

Heisenberg
10-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Don't think it was resolved, there have been a few posts about the button. The big thread keeps mysteriously vanishing.

How I search for users is by logging in then going to the "Advanced Search" button which should be in the top right of your screen (if you are using a desktop computer)

You'll get a screen where you can search for a bunch of things including user name; just search for their name and from there you'll find their posts/topics and you can go to their profile by clicking their name if you want to pull all of their stuff up or send them a message or whatever.

Desertnate
10-04-2017, 08:06 AM
In one of the threads a forum admin mentioned something about "changes behind the scenes" and the module containing the "like" button had to be disabled because of a security vulnerability.

As much as I liked the button, I can live without it. What is really driving me nuts right now is the "new posts" function not working properly.

evo77
10-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Also can someone educate me- How do I search for a specific member, for example Meghan or Eldorado or whoever?

Thanks Steve

At the top of this page, in the lower black submenu bar, click Community>Member List. Then if you want to specify your search, instead of picking the letter and scrubbing through page after page, right under the member list letter "Z" is a search bar. Type the name and boom.

DogRescuer
10-05-2017, 06:37 AM
I thought it was just me but my new posts are disappearing.

Thanks everyone on helping me do a member search.

In one of the threads a forum admin mentioned something about "changes behind the scenes" and the module containing the "like" button had to be disabled because of a security vulnerability.

As much as I liked the button, I can live without it. What is really driving me nuts right now is the "new posts" function not working properly.

Desertnate
10-05-2017, 08:33 AM
I thought it was just me but my new posts are disappearing.

No, it's not you. Any time I reply to an existing thread that disappears too and I never know if the thread lives on after my comment. I have to do for it in all of the sub-forums.

Admin
10-05-2017, 11:05 AM
The only time threads get removed is when its started by a spammer we removed all of the content. Can you explain what thread you think are disappearing.

DogRescuer
10-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Not only threads that I've started but some that we're replying.

The only time threads get removed is when its started by a spammer we removed all of the content. Can you explain what thread you think are disappearing.

DogRescuer
10-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Not posting.

VISITOR
10-06-2017, 08:32 PM
another thing i have noticed if it hasn't been mentioned already is if there's a thread with multiple pages it will not show...