PDA

View Full Version : Tire Product?

Pages : [1] 2

willowcat11
10-04-2017, 12:40 AM
If I am doing a lot of family, friends and others cars, is there a good Solid performing Tire dressing or Protectant out there that that you guys recommend that could still be cost effective?

Something you guys have confidence in using. I've gone through using Wets cause that's what I use on my car, but that's upsurd me doing that all the time. Burn way too much money doing that. More often than not, I head over to Walmart or Autozone and pick up one of the Megs tire products. But not really a fan of doing that either.

Looking for something I can buy by the gallon actually.

Any help is greatly appreciated, along with all the help and support you guys always show. Thumbs up!

VISITOR
10-04-2017, 12:56 AM
i've tried many water-based dressings and my favorite still is PERL. can be be used straight or be diluted down to 1:5...

wing commander
10-04-2017, 12:58 AM
https://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-128oz.html is very cost effective and has good reviews.

The Guz
10-04-2017, 01:50 AM
i've tried many water-based dressings and my favorite still is PERL. can be be used straight or be diluted down to 1:5...

This has been working out well for me. Thanks for recommending it.

Trip
10-04-2017, 06:31 AM
Chemical Guys VRP seems to last a long time and doesn't brown. Only stuff I have been using on my tires for the last year or so

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mantilgh
10-04-2017, 06:43 AM
Your WETS tire thread inspired me to try McKees Plastic Trim Restorer on tires because I feel it's a similar product but with a better price.

I'm only a few days into but it looks nice.

I'm not to sure on longevity but I've been using DP tire gel and now the McKees version on most of my customers cars.

Here's PTR the morning after.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171004/a3c23e1c27fea194e1da2ba7cb3b213a.jpg

Desertnate
10-04-2017, 07:50 AM
I like Duragloss 253. It's very inexpensive, easy to apply, and holds up fairly well. It takes very little product to do a set of tires, so one spray bottle lasts forever.

I spray the product on a foam applicator and then spread it on the tires.

Wrich101
10-04-2017, 12:22 PM
I’ve tried just about everything and my personal favorite is Blackfire Total Eclipse TireGel. Not overly glossy but looks just right.

Oddly enough, friends and family and customers seem to like the look of optimum opti-bond gel the best. It is my second personal favorite. Only complaint is the bottle it comes in is tough to get right amount of product out of so I use another bottle.

Both fairly cost effective with the optimum being slightly less if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

TopBlissGT
10-04-2017, 01:18 PM
I/ve tried em all and Tire Love from Honest wash is the best I have used..

JCDetails
10-04-2017, 01:30 PM
I want to try opti bond. I've started using megs endurance as a durable alternative to Lucas slickmist and like it so far. Good product in a pinch and smells good

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Bobby B.
10-04-2017, 01:32 PM
These are the tire dressings that I like to work with when detailing.

Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire Gel
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
CarPro PERL
Boyd Coddington Extreme Black Tire & Rubber Dressing
Meguiar's D170 Hyper Dressing

FUNX650
10-04-2017, 03:35 PM
•Optimum Opti-Bond
•Meguiar’s M40

Bob

yakky
10-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Optibond if you like the fresh rubber look, not good at all if you like bling. AA tire gel for bling shine. Megs Hyper dressing for value and flexibility. Perl is good on tires and trim.

Mad Wax
10-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Opti-bond is great stuff! Low sheen, deep black look.

JHL88
10-04-2017, 07:34 PM
I use a competitors product that I won't mention but I've used PERL multiple times and was not impressed at all. The stuff doesn't last and couldn't get the look I was after.